chapter twenty-nine: jackson. the knight

It is now lunch and my mind is still spinning after what Jackson told. Or more like he asked. He told me that i could think about it and tell him by lunch. I couldn't form words at that time to tell him something, so i just nodded.

And now it's LUNCHTIME.

What the hell do i do now? I kind of like him. But i shouldn't forget about my past there are many thing that tells me to tell him no.
For first. His bestfriend tried saving my life but ended up dying.

Second. Let's pretend that he's my boyfriend for once. And that, my step dad has found mem kidnapped me. If Jackson tries to save me he'll as well end up his life.

And lastly. I am not going to stay here forever though. And long distance relationships don't work.

But i even want to say yes. Because.
I haven't had a boyfriend. Someone i want to stay with. Someone i could think about. Someone i want to speak my heart out. About my day. My life. How i feel.

All these thoughts are killing me if i go with my first choice. I'd miss the fun a normal teenager should have. And if i think of the second choice, i hear the sound of the gunshot pulling in my head.

I shook my head walk over to where Sydney and everybody else is.

"hy emma" lia chirps.
"hey"  i said.

We all had our lunchs' ready to eat when brett asked everyone weather everyone is going for the match.
Sydney. In
Brett. In
Lia. In
Clair. In

"what about you emma?" asked brett.
I shook my head.

"uh.. Don't be a party pooper. Come on will have fun"

"yeah come on" clair says.

"ok. Ok.  Am in" i say before i could even think what am telling.

A few moments later when everyone were talking non-stop suddenly there was silence. Silence in the sense pin-drop silence. I looked up to see everyone staring just above my head and just then there was a tap on my shoulder. I turned around to see who it is.

And this boy never surprises me to surprise me. There stood the knight. Jackson knight with his usual smirk.

I rose my eyebrows at him.

"can i talk to you for a minute" Jackson said.

"uh. Yeah tell me?" i said as if i don't know what he wants to talk or more like wants to know. My answer.

"alone." he said in a dangerously sexy voice.

"uh. No. Actually am busy. You know.." i said like it like it is a fact.

"no i don't. You're coming, and that's final" he said.

I just nodded and got up. For the hundredth time why doesn't my mind and my tongue work when i need them the most?

He was walking slow so that i could keep up with him.
Once we exited the cafeteria and walked all the way to the corridor and into the janitor's closet.
He spoke up.

"so. What did you think.?" he asked.

I was just silent.

"i asked you something angelface. It's ok if you don't wan-.." i cut him off.

"it's not like that Jackson."  i said.

"then tell me how it is" he said.

"you just don't know what I've been through. I don't want you to get into any kind of trouble because of me."  i said.

"what are you talking About. Nothings going to happen to me or to you. So don't worry." he said.
And i nodded.

"so. Will you go out with me tonight?"  he asked me out once again.
And i nodded.