chapter twenty-six: JUSTIN HARBOUR

I cannot open my eyes. Was i blind now? I tried it real hard this time. No i cannot be blind. I opened my eyes slowly the ray's of the sun casting on me wasn't helping me much either.  I turned my head to the opposite direction where the sun ray's wasn't going to make me blind.
And when i got a clear picture. I didn't know where i am. I tried getting up with great difficulty and when i did, i saw my mom sleeping on the chair, her hand holding my leg.
What the heck am in a hospital.

When did mom come?. What had happened?
The only thing i remember is, Jackson asking me about ass-fucking-hole who unfortunately is my step-dad. And me getting an anxiety attack and then i passed out. What had happened after that?
Then i saw mason and Jackson sleeping on the couch. I tried sitting up straight.
That's when my mom got up.

"hey sweety. How are you feeling."  my mom said. Guilt covering her eyes.

"hey mom. Am doing fine. What are you doing here?"

"honey. Mac called me up and told me that you passed out" my mom said. Her voice full of concern and guilt.

"oh" i said. Not able to say anything else

"sweety am sorry. I should have been here with you. I shouldn't have left you here. It's all my fault." my mom said.

"mom. You know it isn't like that. It's not your fault. I love you. And you needed sometime to yourself. And i understand that."

She just nodded. Just then mason got up his hair all messed up. He yawned. And  then Jackson got up his hair messed up as well.

"hey. Good morning.  How you doing now emsy?" mason asked with concern his voice came out husky. Jackson just stared at me, waiting for my response. His intense gaze is making uncomfortable.

"um. Yeah. Am feeling better." i said.

"you better not sleep forever. You passed out for two freaking Day's"  mason said.

"language mas" my mom reminded him.

Whoah..... Two freaking day's.  Now that's something new.
What on earth was i doing for fourty eight freaking hours?
I am dazed.
And damn hungry.

"what time it it?" i asked.

"it's ten forty. You must be hungry.  I'll go get something for you to eat."  Jackson replied.
That's when i clearly saw his face. He had dark circles under his eyes. His eye's were red and he is wearing the same clothing he wore on the day i passed out.

He got up and went out of the room.

"I'll be back" mason said and left as well.

"when did you come here?" i asked my mom.

"yesterday sweety" she said and i nodded.

"sweety. Mason told me about those text's that Warren has been sending you.. Why didn't you tell me?." my mom asked.

"yeah. He's been sending me text's, but nothing serious though. And i didn't want you to worry" i lied and gave her a small smile.

There was a knock on the door. Uncle mac is standing there.
"did i interrupt a mother daughter thing?" uncle mac said.

"oh no no you did not interrupt anything"  my mom said.
Uncle mac came inside and stood next to my mom.
"how are you feeling now emma" he asked.

"good" i said.

Somebody please bring me the breakfast now. Am starving!!!

I internally yelled.

"uh. Emily can you come out." uncle mac asked my mom. Signalling her that he wants to talk to her.
She nodded.

"I'll be back sweety" she said and left the room with uncle mac.