Hallucinogen (Part #1)

(A special thanks to silverflamebird for giving me the idea for these two chapters.)

"A new drug was discovered in two bodies, which were found exactly a week apart from each other. They weren't far from an uptight nightclub that runs on weekends. There was an undercover DEA agent sent in to investigate the club, but his body was found across the city the next day. He had been stabbed multiple times. This was when the investigators decided to call in someone. This is where you come in."

A shiver ran through my body as Mr.Liam talked over the circumstances of our new mission. It had been a while since we held delt with any homicides, and every case that involved death set me on an edge.

As usual, Mr.Liam was conversing with us through Neil's laptop. Our boss was over a thousand miles away. That fact never bothered me though. He simply assigned us a mission. Unless there were special conditions, the planning was always left to us.

Neil looked up from his tablet, "It says here on the file that in order to access the nightclub a ticket must be prepayed for on the dark web. Then a secret background check follows."

Mr.Liam nodded his head, "Unfortunately, the investigators were not aware of the background check. This was how the DEA agent was discovered."

"We'll have to make fake identities.", Alex spoke with his serious tone.

Reina shook her head, "You mean one identity. We can't all go. It will be too suspicious. Plus, this is a delicate situation. Neil needs to focus on perfecting one false identity."

Westen, Elias, and I agreed with Reina's words. Whoever was snooping into the pre-paid guests' backgrounds meant business. They did not want to be busted for whatever illegal actions they were taking part in.

Mr.Liam added in, "There are some club goers that have been interviewed. Many have no recollection of what happens at the club, but a few have said the place is a drug house. When they were asked what type of drugs, they usually didn't remember or claimed it was in the air."

"That's weird... in the air?" Westen mumbled.

Elias whispered back to him, "They probably imagined that part."

"All the collected information has been sent to Neil. You are required to gather as much intel as possible to shut the place down. A few names would be good to add onto a suspect list.", Our boss paused then continued, "I'm always open for a discussion. You are the ones who are doing this mission. This is where you make the calls. Stay safe everyone." Mr.Liam finished the video chat.

After twenty minutes of pondering, Alex stood, "Let's discuss who will be going incognito."

Westen chuckled, "I obviously can't pass as a party person. I'd be way to suspicious."

He wasn't being cowardice. Westen's huge build would put an immediate target on his back.

Neil typed relentlessly on his keyboard, "Don't look at me. I'm doing a huge portion of work. You won't catch me in a nightclub anyway."

Alex sighed, "If you let me talk, you won't have to argue."

He spoke to everyone as he gestured to me, "I believe Anada should go undercover."

I gaped, "What? Why?"

Crowds aren't my favorite. Loud noises are a pain. I'm too straightfoward. Acting like a freegoing partier is like asking me to walk with my tail in my mouth-

"Because, you're the right age. You'll fit in better." Alex nodded as if this made sense.

My voice tightened, "I don't mean to question your judgement, but I'm better at stealth, not being out in the open. Elias is equally fit."