Odell's focus as soon as we left high school was football, and he was good enough to get drafted in college. We were good friends since we were younger; he was pretty much my best friend. However, when we were in college, I went to one of his games and they ended up losing. Next thing I knew, I was at his dorm trying to check on him because he was pissed, and we ended up sleeping together, but we kept it between ourselves. It ended up happening two more times after that when we agreed it wouldn't for the sake of the friendship.

As soon as his sports career caught the attention that it deserved; he got drafted and being the twelfth pick... eventually signing with the Giants. We went from talking to each other every week about what we were up to, to every other day, once a month, to never talking again. Even after we sat down and confirmed feelings possibly being there between the both of us, he still managed to never keep contact or visit, so I left the topic alone while still being a little pissed about it.

"Why... would you tell him that? I don't wanna see him, Chris!"

"See who?" Our other friend TJ came in and sat down next to me, grabbing the extra menu that was next to me.

"Dell is coming back to visit for the block party. He wants to have a quick get together tonight at my place and see everyone before having to be pulled around by the whole block. You know how Mrs. Pratt's ass is whenever she hears his name. Old ass almost forgets that she's married." Chris mumbled and Sana pinched his arm.

"You just mad cause Mrs. Pratt never asks how you're doing. Stop being pissy. Come on, Jala, if I'm going and the others are, you gotta come. You can just sit with me for the night. You know when these niggas get around each other, they forget that it's women there anyway." Sana kicked my foot under the table. "Come. Please?"

"I've got work to do."

"Stop fucking lying." TJ laughed. "I talked to you last week and you told me that you had no clients to see for this week, cause I was gonna ask you to help me with the food for the block party. You coming, even if I gotta show up and drag your ass out the house. Sana will pick you up."

My mouth fell open while I looked at TJ and he looked at the menu. "You're really ignorant."

"I mean, I don't understand why you two have such a big issue with each other. You both were good friends since the start; as soon as he got drafted you acted like you hated him." TJ interjected again.

"TJ has a point." Sana shrugged sheepishly. "What happened for you two to fall off so badly?"

"Nothing." I huffed. I didn't want to go about this whole thing having to explain every detail- especially when I didn't feel like reliving every moment. "I'll go, but I'm not staying long."

_____________________________

"I'm really gonna need you to relax and attempt a smile before we head in here." Sana laughed and shook her head while she drove. Since it was just about to be our friends at Chris's house, I decided to dress down; but not be too simple. I wore a simple pair of black jeans and a tank top with my hair in a bun since I skipped wash day to be at this get-together. New Orleans is hot as hell... there was no point in getting cute in this weather.

I looked at Sana and faked a smile while she slapped my arm. "Come on, Jala. What the hell happened between you both? Normally you'd be so excited to see Odell that you'd be bouncing off the walls... did your friendship just stop over the girl?"