=Chapter Nine=

§

WARNING: Mature content in almost every chapter starting now. I'm not going to put this warning on any other chapter because I don't want to include things that will be spoilers for the chapter, but if you didn't see the warning at the beginning, here's some things that might be in this book, so please read something else if this could hurt you: murder, heavy swearing, sexual references (only references, no scenes), dark magic, torture, suicide, violence, death, and plot twists. You have been warned.

It was one in the morning, and Caleb and Nikita were surrounded by cookbooks and alcohol. 

While exploring the school, the two had went into the kitchen, trying to find something that would satisfy their hunger that night, and found a crease in an unusual spot on the wallpaper. So, being the curious teens that they were, they pushed on it and suddenly found what would satisfy more than just their hunger. 

"Why do we have school on the weekends?" Nikita asked. "You'd think that they would give us some time to, I don't know, just be teenagers?"

"Yeah, because so many people will show up if we have a party."

"I didn't necessarily mean party. Just... doing teenager things. Exploring. Just hanging out. I don't know."

"This is a boarding school, and the teachers are strict as hell. I'm surprised we haven't gotten busted yet."

Nikita shrugged. She took a sip of her drink, immediately spitting it out. "Oh damn, this tastes like shit!"

"Did you really think that plain alcohol was going to taste good?"

"Screw you, Caleb."

Caleb took a shot. Nikita scrunched her eyebrows. "How can you drink that?"

He shrugged. "Used to it, I guess."

Nikita pushed her bottle away. "I don't think I'd want to get used to this... this old shit. It's probably been in here for centuries."

Caleb took another shot. Nikita rolled her eyes. Then, she spoke again. "Want to explain what you and Eli were doing in the bathroom together?"

That caught his attention. "Don't believe that we were doing it?"

"You weren't, right?"

"Hell no."

"Then what were you doing?"

Caleb shook his head. "You're so nosy. It's pretty annoying." He sighed. "Well, I stole Mr. Suarez's cigarettes-"

Nikita's jaw dropped, letting out an amused gasp that interrupted Caleb. "You what?"

"Interrupt me again and I'll slam that jaw shut for you. Anyways, he stole them from me and I wanted to put him in his place so that he would know not to mess with me."

"So did it work?"

"Half. Got the cigarettes back-"

"Where are they?" Nikita asked impatiently.

Caleb stood up, leaving his bottle on the ground. "Did you not just hear what I said? Shut the fuck up."

Nikita stood up as well. "Make me."

Caleb grabbed Nikita by the collar, Nikita staring him directly in the eye. She punched his side, making Caleb groan and releasing his grip. "Bitch," he spouted out,  jabbing her shoulder. She started to laugh, the first genuine laugh since arriving at that school. She held out her hand, and he slapped it away. 

"So you and Eli aren't a thing? Good. I was worried that the one sane person here fell into the dark side."

"How could you even think that? He's not even my type. I'm not into skinny ass-faces that think they're better than everyone else just because they wear 'cool and retro headphones' all the time."