=Chapter Four=

§

The tour had officially ended. Professor Suarez had shown the group the clinic earlier, explaining that Mr. Harrison-a teacher at the school-also doubled as a nurse. He also explained the schedule; get ready by eight, then eat until nine, and when you're finished, go to Miss Hendrix's class. Then, eat a small snack and then go to Professor Suarez's class. Then, go to lunch, and lastly, head to Mr. Harrison's before the classes end. After that, they had the freedom to study, go to some of the extra rooms Professor Suarez showed them, go to their dorm, basically anything they wanted.

"Just don't go into any locked rooms," He ordered. "Or any of our studies, if they happen to be unlocked, basements, the nurse's office-if you're not sick-or outside. Besides that, feel free to make yourself at home."

"How about the kitchen?" Oliver asked.

"Of course you can go there. We're not going to starve you."

Besides the fact that our lunch is at three, Eli thought, crossing his arms to make himself more comfortable.

"I suppose you all remember where Miss Hendrix's class is?" He asked. Most of the students looked at each other, biting their lips, until Avalon raised her hand.

"I-I think I remember," She said.

"Perfect. Lead the way. I have some business to attend to, anyways," Professor Suarez said, turning around. But before he left, he added, "And don't even think about skipping."

Once he was gone, everyone looked at Avalon. She cleared her throat, and pivoted towards the right. "This way."

After a little walking, the eleven students walked into the room Avalon had directed them to, looking around. It was a rather large room compared to most classrooms. Articles were hung up all over the walls, some of which included newspaper sections on asylums for victims of dark magic possession, and others photographs of murders that occurred under the influence of the madness. Twelve desks were arranged in the room, four rows of three from the back to the front. 

A woman stood up at the front of the classroom towering above everyone that entered, her long, dark brown hair tucked away into a ponytail, her bangs stopping right above her eyebrows. Her piercing grey eyes scanned the kids, examining each one. She definitely didn't look young, but not very old either.

"Take a seat anywhere," The woman said. Nervously, everyone headed towards the back, Emery and Cameron-being the last two to enter-having the pleasure of sitting up front. 

"Welcome to your first class of the year." Sure, the words sounded genuine, but her tone sounded neither enthusiastic or welcoming. "As you all should know, I'm Miss Hendrix, and I will be your History of Dark Magic teacher."

Caleb rolled his eyes. Way to start the day off with a bang.

"We actually didn't know that," Mira pointed out. Eli sighed. Did she have to tell her that?

Miss Hendrix raised her eyebrow. "I thought that Professor Suarez would tell you about me, but I guess I was mistaken."

"Well, he mentioned a Miss Hendrix..." Mira started, but trailed off.

"Miss Hendrix?" Nikita raised her hand. Miss Hendrix rolled her eyes, then reluctantly nodded at her. "Are we actually going to... do stuff in this class? Or just read textbooks?"