Pt.14 Strength of the Pack Pt.1

(POV:Blake)

"I can't believe him..." Ruby says pouting as we all walk around Vale as preparations for the Vytal Festival, per Weiss' insistence.

"Aww, someone misses her boyfriend."
Yang teases causing Ruby to blush.

"He's not my boyfriend! And I don't miss him, I'm just mad because we made plans and all I got for a notice was a note in his room earlier."

"Well I'm sure he had his reason, plus with Lana gone on that secret mission he probably decided to take some time to himself." I say.

"Right...secret mission...yeah..." Ruby says looking away.

"Can we stop talking about [F/n] for like five minutes?"Weiss chimes in,"how can you be so down about him anyway when your surrounded by all this celebrating."

She then motions around us as balloons, flags, and other decorations run the streets of Vale as the shop keep puts up a banner that reads "Vytal Tournament".

"I don't think I've ever seen you smile this much Weiss,"Ruby says,"it's kind of weirding me out..."

"How can you 'not' smile? A festival dedicated to the cultures of the world! There will be dancers, parades, and the tournament!" She then begins to walk the street again as we all follow,"oh the amount of planning and organization that goes into this event is simply breath taking."

Yang sighed,

"You really know how  to take a good thing and make it sound boring." She says crossing her arms.

"Quiet you!" Weiss says to her as a boat horn signals us being near the docks.

"Remind me again, why are we spending our Friday afternoon visiting the stupid docks?"

"Uh, it smells like fish..." she says as she pinched her nose as Weiss continues to talk.

"I've heard that students visiting from Vacuo will be arriving by ship today and as a representative of Beacon I feel as though it is my solemn duty to welcome them to this fine kingdom."

I look to Ruby and Yang,

"She wants to spy on them so she'll have the upper hand in the tournament."

"You can't prove that." Weiss scoffs at me.

"Woah." I suddenly hear Ruby say as we all follow her direction and notice a closed store police tape across it.

We all look at the shop concerned as we all get closer. As we take in the scene of broken glass from the windows, the doors torn from the hinges, and all the visible racks were broken and kicked over.

"What happened here?" Ruby asks the nearest investigator writing in his notepad.

"Robbery,"the first detective says,"second Dust shop to be hit this week. This place is turning into a jungle." He then walks off to speak to the other detective.

"Uh, this is terrible." Yang comments looking at the shop.

"They left all the money again." The second detective gaining our attention, especially Ruby's as they continue.

"Yeah just doesn't make a lick o'sense, who needs that much Dust?"

"I dunno, you know what I mean?"

And my confidence in our police continues to  rise... I think as the first suddenly gets my attention saying,

"You thinking the uh, White Fang?"

"Yeah I'm thinking we don't get paid enough."

As I hear this, I doubt that they would be responsible, sure they do ridiculous stuff, but why would they-