Internet Chapter (Chapter Twenty)

Chapter Twenty

I slumped down in the car, practically smashing my head against the table.

"Are you trying to kill yourself or something?" Harriet asked.

"She's just pissy because the totally hot new maths teacher is Blake's Dad," Cassie said.

"Oh, bummer," Jess muttered.

"Mmm, he is totally hot," Jen said.

"Guys, seriously, this isn't helping me," I said annoyed.

"Go talk to Blake," Harriet suggested.

I shook my head. "He's not here, he skipped."

"Without you?" Cassie asked surprised.

"Yeah, I didn't want to go with him," I said.

"Ha, it all makes sense now," Jess said suddenly. "The Heathens must have this gen, that's why they're delectable."

Everyone rolled our eyes at her as she smiled. I looked over at Harriet who looked behind me and then flinched down like she was hiding from someone. I turned around and saw Austin walk by. I spun back around and Harriet gave me an apologetic look. I noticed that Harriet looked over at Zeke for a second and he gave her like a slight nod and she looked back at me.

"I need to talk to you," she said.

"You'd better," I whispered.

She got up and then grabbed my arm so she could pull me to the other side of the room.

"Why were you looking at Zeke like that?" I asked.

"Zeke... he knows something and he wants me to tell you," she said.

"And I take it the reason we are here is because you're telling me," I guessed.

She nodded and then looked down. "You know that thing Austin does... how he wants to try and sleep with every girl in our year."

"Harriet, you didn't, "I said quickly.

"I know I said I'd never fall for it, but it just happened. It was after Kane stopped talking to me, and I was kind of upset," Harriet said.

"So who's left?" I asked.

"You, Cassie and Jen," Harriet answered,

"Darn... wait Jess slept with Austin?" I asked confused.

"Oh... um, shit I wasn't meant to tell anyone," Harriet cursed.

"I'll keep it to myself, don't worry, but still you should've told me ages ago," I said.

"You forgive me, right?" she asked.

"What do I need to forgive you for? Anyway, I have other things to worry about now," I told her.

"Oh, yeah, Blake's dad, well he can't do anything... that could kill you... hopefully," she added.

"I seriously don't need this," I complained. "Hey, look, I'm going to go see if Blake came back, okay?"

"Yeah, sure," she nodded.

I didn't really want to go see if Blake was back, actually I think I might avoid him until he figures his attitude problem out. Instead, I decided I'd go to my locker and prepare for next class... well, that was the plan, but you know how my plans never work out.

"Alexandra Rodes, can I speak to you?"

The voice came from beside me as I walked through the hall. I knew where I was, and I knew who had spoken to me.

"Yes, sure, Mr. Heathens," I said, as innocently, as he showed me into the classroom.

"Don't worry, Alexandra, you're not in trouble," he smiled slightly.

"Oh," I said, sitting down on the desk.

"I take it, you are the same Alexandra my son talks non-stop," he said.

"If your son is Blake, then yes," I nodded.

"Well, I just quickly wanted to say that by no means will that fact that you're dating my son change how I teach in the classroom," he said.

"Oh, I understand," I said almost too quickly.

He smiled and nodded slightly. "Thank you; also, do you know where Blake is?"

Oh, crap, I couldn't rat out Blake for skipping to his father, could i? No, that was totally wrong, he may be acting weird, but he is still my boyfriend.

"No, I haven't had any classes with him," I shrugged.

"Well, thank you, Alex," he said.

"No, problem," I said, jumping of the desk.

Zeke's P.O.V

"Hey, Zeke."

"What do you want now?" I groaned.

"Nothing in particular," Harriet said, setting herself down next to me.

"Come on, Harriet, you've got that look on your face," I said.

She smiled guiltily. "Okay, so do I have something I want from you."

"Well, I'm all ears, but be quick. There's only so much I can talk of your blabbing at once," I said.

She rolled her eyes, but smiled eagerly before talking. "Okay, you know its Alex's birthday on Friday? Well, Claire is throwing her a surprise birthday party."

"If all you're going to ask is do I want to go, please get on with it," I said lazily.

"Well, that is one thing," Harriet said with a large grin.

"I don't like that look, makes me feel... nervous," I muttered.

"Well, you should. Don't you see what this means?" she asked, stressing slightly that I was clueless.

"No," I said bluntly.

She hit my arm and sighed. "You can win Alex over."

"Whoa, wait... you're using the fact that I told you against me."

"No, I'm purely using the fact that you told me to get you two together. Oh, I can just imagine it... it may be slightly because of the fact that I saw you two kiss the other day, but still... so sweet."

"Well, dream on all you like. All I said was I liked her, not that I'd try to steal her heart away from Blake."

"Oh, see, you can totally be romantic."

"The voice... starting to get on my nerves."

"Okay, fine, just listen to me. Get Alex something amazing, make it look like you care for once... show her you will always be there."

"Why would I bother?" I asked.

"Er, Zeke you are difficult, has anyone ever told you that?" Harriet complained.

"One or two people," I said.

"Okay, well, listen to me, and don't you dare interrupt me. You don't need to put that 'I don't care, tough act' on me, and that's what you're afraid of with Alex, you know she can knock your defences down and make you the innocent little boy we all know you are. You say you don't care, but you try so hard to be something, we all know you do. Now, man up, and start standing up for what you want," she snapped at me.

I took a deep breath and looked away from her for a second.

"I will if you will," I said.

"What is that supposed to me?" she asked, taken back.

I smiled at her; please I had got her confused.

"Kane."

==================================

Okay, guys i am soooo,sooo, soo very sorry, i totally lost the plot and forget i was posting on here. Arrrr, so stupid of me, but i'll try make it up to you guys, promise. So please comment and vote :)