Internet Chapter (Chapter Fourteen)

Chapter Fourteen

Blake sat down on the grass and I sat down with him. I lied back on the grass and looked up to the blue sky. I saw Blake in the corner of my eye lie down, too and man he looked even from a vertical point of view. His hair slid down the side of his forehead past his eyes.

"Are you okay?" Blake asked.

"Yeah, I was just thinking about what someone said," I muttered.

"What did they say?" he asked.

"They... they just think I should get to know you better," I said.

"Well, let's use that opportunity now. You ask me anything, and I'll answer... most honestly," he said.

"Okay... um, well, did you ever have a lip piercing?" I asked.

He laughed slightly at me. "Yeah, I used to be a real hard ass."

"What do you mean, you used to be?" I asked.

"I was kind of joking, I just wanted to try it, but decided to take it out," he shrugged.

"Okay, what else don't I know about you?" I asked.

"Big muso, even though acting is what I'm really good at. My Mum died of cancer, so I live with my father and my little sister. I'm here because my father needed a break she we turned to my aunt," he said.

"Wow, okay, that's a lot to deal with," I muttered.

"Tell me about it," he smiled slightly. "What about you?"

"Well, I live with my father and my older sister... my Mum died in a car crash when I was two. Paramore would be my life if that was even possible," I joked a bit.

He smiled back at me. "That's something I like about you."

"What?"

"You're so... open. You always say what you think."

"Even when I don't mean to," I muttered.

"Yeah, that's happened more than often," I said.

"It's kind of cute," he commented.

"Thanks, that makes me feel so much better," I said with an eye roll.

"It should," Blake smiled.

"Why... why would you like me? I mean, there are millions of girls that literally chase you around," I said, sitting up. "Why me?"

"You're not like them, Alex," Blake said, sitting up. "It's hard to explain, but when I think about you compared all those fake girls, you're real. You don't pretend to be something you're not, and you don't care what people think of you. It's kind of rare to find."

"Really?"

"Really."

We stared at each other for a little while before Blake looked down and then back up.

"I should've kissed you then, right?" he asked.

"Um, yeah, I'm sure that would've been smart," I whispered.

"Well," Blake whispered, putting his hand under my chin.

He lifted my head so I could look at him before he leant him and kissed me.

Okay, first of all, wow! Blake was kissing me! ME! I didn't really have to worry about breathing this time because it was seriously the last thing on my mind. Still, as absolutely amazing as this was, there was something... missing. I mean, yeah it so my first kiss, but that didn't change the fact that it only the wo, in the wow factor. I don't know what the hell it was, or if it was even meant to be there... so instead I forgot about it.

Zeke's P.O.V

"Where's Alex?" I asked Harriet.

She shrugged.

"She was here in science, but I haven't seen her for a while," Cassie said.

"Think she's off with Blake," Harriet muttered.

"How do you know that?" I frowned.

"Well, first of all who wouldn't want to be with Blake?" Jen asked.

"And why wouldn't she be with Blake?" Jess echoed.

I turned back to Harriet and waited for the serious answer.

"He's not here, she's not here, it's simple," Harriet shrugged.

I immediately went to start walking for the door.

"Zeke, hey, what are you doing?" Harriet asked, following me.

"Stopping her," I answered.

"Why?" Harriet said, jumping in front of me.

"Because, that guy is not a good guy," I said.

"You don't know that," Harriet said, "and you can't just presume that because you're jealous."

"I'm not jealous," I said immediately.

"I know I've only known you for two years, but man do I know when you're jealous," she said.

"Look, I'm not jealous, and I won't stop her now, okay?" I asked.

"Fine, but I'm telling her this," Harriet threatened.

"She won't believe you, she's already pissy at me for telling her not to date him," I said.

Harriet groaned and then hit my arm. "You're a bigger idiot than Kane is," she complained.

"I thought all guys where idiots to you girls," I muttered.

"Well, we're certainly left thinking that when you do stupid things like this," Harriet said.

"I haven't done anything yet," I argued.

"Yet, Zeke you still said yes. Why can't you just accept the fact that you love Alex, that's the way it should be," Harriet said.

"You want me," I said so frustrated and then grabbed Harriet's arm and moved her out of the way so no one could hear me. "You want me to say something that isn't true."

"But it is true," Harriet said as frustrated as me.

"Why would I tell you?"

"Because you're hurting her without her knowing. She doesn't understand it properly, if you were clearer she'd fall for you like that, she wouldn't be out there right now making out with Blake."

God, this girl put a good argument, but that didn't mean I was going to say anything. I pursed me lip together in frustration and Harriet crossed her arms across her chest and waited for me to speak.

I didn't speak though. Instead I pushed her and walked down the hallway of the school. Who was I kidding? I can't have Alex, I've never been able to have her and now not only is she taken, but she hates me. Ain't life just perfect?