Internet Dating (Chapter Eight)

Chapter Eight

Keeping a secret like this was hard. Not only was Kane using Amber but Harriet seemed pretty upset. I wanted the best for both of my friends and if that meant putting with their lovely dovy shit if they were together I would. Meanwhile, I was still having my own boy troubles.

Blake was everywhere I went. He's nearly all my class so I see him all the time in class, and then every second afternoon (Monday, Wednesday and Friday) when he had play rehearsals, he was there, and I was getting more awkward. I had managed to control my mouth, but not my eyes.

On afternoon while rehearsing Blake caught me staring at him.

"Alex," he said, grabbing my attention.

"Yeah, sorry, I was... um, daydreaming," I said. "Thinking over my lines."

"You haven't got them wrong yet," Blake said.

I have no idea how I've managed that.

"Are you okay?" he asked.

"Um, yeah, I've just got a lot on my mind," I said.

Blake nodded and looked back down at the script. He paused before looking back up at me. He looked like he was going to say something to me personally but then he looked over near the door where there were a bunch of girls watching him.

"Do you always charm girls like that?" I asked.

He laughed a little. "Only the ignorant ones, the smart ones know it's polite to walk into me."

I had to hide my smile. Of course I knew he meant me, unless he had walked into someone else.

I walked home, well practically skipped home, but my mood was soon dimmed when I opened to door. Claire looked pretty upset, it's not like my sister to be upset, she's usually really happy, well I think she's like that because she can boss me around and get away with it because Dad is around enough.

"What's up?" I asked.

She looked over at me and pulled herself together and then shook her head.

"What is it, Claire? Seriously," I frowned, actually rally worried now.

"Don't worry about it, it doesn't involve you," she promised. "Just go... do your homework or something."

I stood my ground despite what she said. "No."

"Alex, go now before I get really pissy with you!" she yelled at me.

When my sister explodes like that you better hope it's not you standing in front of her, but of course I was the one standing there. So, I ran (kind of like a scared little girl) up the stairs and back into my room.

I turned on my computer and checked to see if I could talk to anyone. Thank God he was there.

Paramorerocks101 says: If you are anything close to a friend you'll tell me exactly what to do

Whocares75 says: Okay, that was unexpected. I mean, where's my hello?

Paramorerocks101 says: Life's too short for hellos.

Whocares75 says: But it's not too short for advice?

Paramorerocks101 says: Yes, exactly. Now my sister looks like she's crying, she's upset and she won't tell me what's wrong and she just exploded on me, really I'm lucky to be alive

Whocares75 says: If she's threatening to kill you, call the police

Paramorerocks101 says Come on, be serious here

Whocares75 says: Well, it's just kind of hard to help you when I don't even know much about you sister and so on

Paramorerocks101 says: Oh, crap, I've been unloading on you and I probably sound so pathetic and totally like a real bitch

Whocares75 says: Nah, it's totally cool, and trust me you don't sound pathetic at all, in fact you sound like a normal teenager, with normal teenager problems

Paramorerocks101 says: Thanks, but tomorrow we're so totally not talking about me

At school I got a bit of shock. At first I wasn't sure if I need glasses or someone had shoved something in front of my face, but then it became clear and I realised I was far from dreaming. Harriet was kissing Austin. Her lips were pressed firmly on Austin Hottie. Then in the corner of my eye I saw movement. Kane, shit.

He started to walk into the school so I ran after him as fast as I could.

"Kane, stop!" I yelled after him.

I could tell he heard me but he made no movement to stop. Lucky I was a fast run because I caught up to him immediately.

"Kane," I said, grabbing his hand and turning him around.

"What?" he asked, obviously pissed (this is another guy you seriously don't want to be on his bad side.)

"I know you saw them," I said.

"So what?" he asked. "It's not like she wants me anyway, she's made that clear."

"Yeah, well she obviously thought you were taken because of Amber! You've made it worse," I said.

"Why do you care, Alex? No one wants you butting into our lives, why don't you get your own life?" he almost yelled at me.

I took a step back but then took a breath. I couldn't let this get to me, he was mad at Harriet not me.

"Alex?" someone asked.

I spun around to my relief I saw someone I could trust.

"Blake," I sighed in relief.

"Are you okay?" he asked.

"Yeah," I muttered as Kane walked away. "Don't worry.

"Um, okay, oh, arr, Zeke is looking for you," he said.

"Why is Zeke looking for me, and how do you know he's looking for me?" I asked.

"He asked me, he said something about assignment and yesterday," Blake muttered.

"Oh, shit I was meant to go to his house to study, I totally forgot," I complained. "I'll see you later; I've got to sort this out."

Yeah, and while I sort that out I can sort out the rest of my life, and I mean the fact that I'm totally crushing on this totally hot guy, the fact something is up with my sister, and the fact that my two best friends are totally in love but they're both of pashing someone else. Just kill me now.