30 | american idiot

Start from the beginning

the two of them went to pay, and then headed into the main part of the cafeteria to find some empty seats. it wasn't long until the hockey game started, and taeil was eager to see his friends play as soon as he finished his lunch.

"well, i mean, all they really do is watch anime," taeil finished, sitting down opposite sooyoung.

he was too busy thinking about the price of the lasagne and what the fuck really happened on halloween to fully consider the strange relationship between his housemates, and the rather suspicious activities they seemed to get up to when he was out of the house.

"ugh, you're lucky then," sooyoung replied after aggressively chewing through a mouthful of lasagne, "when yerim and joohyun do it, the guy next door literally comes over to say they're being too loud. it's embarrassing!"

though sooyoung hadn't described anything in particularly vivid detail, the talk was enough to make taeil blush. "have you tried telling them to be quiet?" he asked.

sooyoung huffed. "i've given up trying," she admitted, "maybe i should just move in with the guy next door instead. i mean, that yook sungjae isn't so bad... anyway, got anyone on your radar, taeil?"

"hm?"

"i would guess lee taeyong, with the way you two were all over each other at halloween," sooyoung mused, "but i'm not sure because johnny's ruining my hypothesis."

"what?" taeil practically spat, "what exactly happened on h-halloween?"

sooyoung stared at him. "you don't remember?"

"no..."

sooyoung swallowed another mouthful of her lasagne before recounting a brief synopsis of the events of halloween night. "well, something definitely went down between you and taeyong in the bathroom... johnny backed out of there super fast when i bumped into him... plus, i'm pretty sure you sat in taeyong's lap, like, the entire night - because all i remember was johnny staring him down across the room..."

taeil could barely take in all of this new information. sooyoung's account of the night of halloween was just the trigger his brain needed to send all the lost memories flooding back...

loud music; dancing; long hair; a yellow dress...

taeyong held him by the waist and trailed a hand up his neck to graze his jaw. taeil wasn't sure how much either of them had drunk, but the punch was toxic and now all the lights were too bright and the music was too loud. he felt like he could combust at any second.

"i want you, baby..." taeyong slurred, playing with the long chestnut locks of taeil's wig and leaning in closer.

taeil closed the distance, pressing his lips against taeyong's and tasting the alcohol on his breath. they were both too far gone, but they didn't care. taeyong kissed him back and taeil felt like he was on fire, even as they stumbled out of the living room and down the corridor towards the empty bathroom.

he was backed against the cool tiles, taeyong's lean body holding him there between his thighs. taeil gasped as taeyong left a trail of kisses down his neck, landing on a sensitive spot on his collarbone. the strap of the golden dress was slipping off his shoulder and the wig was tousled.

"taeil..."

taeyong's voice sounded weird, morphing into something that sounded more like-

"earth to taeil, are you still listening to me?"

taeil was brought sharply back down to earth. "what?"