Chapter- 10. Unexpected arrival!

Heya peeps!
How are you all?
Before starting the chapter I would love to share a good news with you all. Thanks to your love for this book my book is eligible in the wattys. Since last few days I'm seeing this in writing section "congratulations! Your story is eligible for The Wattys!'. Thanks a ton!

Author POV:

"Hello, Mrs. Kaushal. I'm CA Deepak. Can I have a moment of your busy life please?" He said with a smirk dripping with sarcasm.

"Dee..Deepak. You here?" Adita stammered.

"Why? What did you think you will run away just like that without saying anything to me and I'll send you good luck text?" He hissed.

"No no.. you are gett-"

"Who's there Adita?" Kaushal came from behind when Adita didn't answer him who was on the door. Seeing a stranger on the door he turned to Adita, "You know him?"

"Yeah, he is.. wait, oh my god. Where are my manners? Deepak please come inside. Please." Saying they all came inside while Kaushal was just looking at the unknown guest with curiosity.
Adjusting cushion on the sofa she introduced both of them to each other, "Kaushal meet Deepak. CFO of Phoenix Ltd. where I used to work. And Deepak, this is Dr. Kaushal. Priyam's father."

'She could have said husband. That will be much shorter than Priyam's father to say.' Kaushal thought while
Shaking hands with the guest.

"Hi." He said with a genuine smile but when his smile was reciprocated by scowl, he also dropped his smile.

"Deepak, sit na. What would you like to have? Tea? Coffee? Anything in cold?" Adita asked in her extra cheerful voice to hide her nervousness.

"Nothing." Deepak said rudely.

"Umm... please I insist. Please." Adita pleaded with her eyes on which Deepak just sighed.

"You know very well."

Kaushal was continuously looking at both of them. Sudden tension in the air was not hidden from him but the fact that his wife knows what his senior like in snacks churned his stomach.

"So why did she leave her job suddenly?" Once Adita was out of audible region Deepak asked out of blue.

Kaushal was lost in joining two and two about this unexpected arrival of unknown guest but he managed to grab the words of another one sitting there, "Huh? Her job? Ah.. yeah, that was completely her decision. She decided to take a break."

"Break? Break? You saying break? It's not a break. She completely finished her career and you saying break? At this peak time she left everything just like that and it's a break? You know very well that and still you say break?" Deepak raised his voice. It was looking like he came here  to take his class only and was looking for any tiny opportunity to start.

He didn't expect him to behave suddenly like this. He was already annoyed by this man whom he didn't know at all but his wife knew very well even his likes and dislikes and Deepak's questionnaire and tone raged him more, "It's break or not, it's her, it's our personal matter. Why would you bother about that?"

"Hell with your personal! Here this girl gone crazy. Left everything. You saying personal? You didn't even stop her?"

"Why I will stop her? It's her career, her choice." Kaushal made his voice more sterned.

"You didn't stop her because you are selfish." He hissed at him. "You got everything you wanted. You wanted a nanny for your son, you got that. Couldn't you afford a nanny? You destroyed a girl's life. You all just trapped her in these and that fool got trapped. For few days I left her hand and she created this disaster in her life."