Chapter- 5. I'll miss you!

Adita's POV:

Here I was standing in front of the building which was a second house for me.

My Office!

Or shall I say my ex office?

I moved ahead towards the entry probably last time scanning my identity card on employee identification machine. Everything same as I last time saw. Liza sitting in reception area fighting the battle of frequent phone calls, Shyam peon running with files, others immersed in the piles of file and screen of PC; but everything on its own systematic way. Seeing me Liza waved her hand up and signalled me to come.

"Yes Miss. How can I help you?" As expected.
"Oh please Liza. Cut this crap." I tried my luck to dismiss the upcoming fight with a fake annoyed face. But my luck! She saw Shruti coming towards us. She called her name loudly and next moment she was beside me visibly ignoring me.

"Shruti, Do you know this girl? I don't know her but she knows my name." She asked her while rolling her eyes at me.

"Nah, I also don't know her. Who allowed by passers in the premises? And please spare me in such cases. I'm in a hurry. I'm going to file FIR for my friend Adita. She is missing."

I rolled my eyes on their antics,"Will you two stop your melodrama?"

"Melodrama? We are doing melodrama? What about you? Just once Ekta kapoor get to know about you and long daily soap can be framed on your life."  Shruti took the charge from Liza.

"You didn't even tell about your wedding. This is heights!"Liza also didn't leave the ground.

"Okay fine. I'm sorry Li. Sorry Shruti. Now happy? I know you have all rights to be mad on me but first listen to me least. Circumstances were as I cannot do anything." I said in my best convincing tone.

They huffed but didn't say anything."You are resigning we heard." I just nodded.

"Well, who are we to tell you this. Now a days you are deciding everything on your own. So go ahead." Shruti didn't miss the chance to mock but I knew I was at fault this time so I kept my voice low, "Please don't say like that. You know what position you two have in my life."

"Only us? You are not in your mind Adi. Have you forgotten your struggle just for this CA certificate? And your are letting go all of this in vain?" Liza exclaimed gaining attention of others too.

"I'm moving to Chennai. In fact tomorrow is my flight. I'm aware what I'm loosing resigning at this stage. I take your point but would I have done without any reason? You think?" I stated the bottom line of argument.

They sighed and Shruti said,"It must be something worthy otherwise you wouldn't had taken this sudden step. I will not say I can understand. Because I know I can't. Nobody can. Its you who is in this situation and you even don't say us. But at least stay in touch. Don't forget us Adi." I smiled and they hugged me.

"Jug Sir has came? I need to meet him as well." I inquired about our CEO breaking the hug.
"Is this even a question to ask? In Mr. Jugalraj's case CEO means 'come at eleven o' clock' and not 'Chief Executive Officer'." We three giggled on Shruti's remark.

"He is in meeting with HR. Wait few minutes. They will come out any minute." Liza said.

Soon my other colleagues also joined us. Everyone wondering the reason of my sudden wedding. Meanwhile conference room opened indicating meeting is over. Jug Sir saw me and smiling pointed at his cabin to join him there.

'Even in his late forties how he manage to smile after long meetings.' I wondered.