Chapter- 1. The Beginning of new life

Adita's POV:

Here I'm sitting on the bed waiting for my not so loved husband.

HUSBAND!

This word feels so foreign to me. Never in my wildest dream I thought I will be married so soon. So soon doesn't mean I'm a minor and I was coerced to marry a guy. No, I'm a 24 year old girl and a very well earning Chartered Accountant. An year ago it wouldn't have been so early, but now? Now it is! Too early and the circumstances pushed me to sit here.

I never had any kind of phobia but suddenly this decorated room is making me claustrophobic. This tick-tock, tick-tock sound is driving my mind to weird imagination where I'm tied on a chair with a time bomb. Yes, it resembles my situation somehow. Neither I can't wait here imaging such things nor I want the door to open because I know I'm not ready to face the person who will be revealed at the door - my Husband.

I took a glance over to the room which will be called mine as well from now onwards. Simple but elegant. Peach colour of wall gives the simplicity vibe. Even the decoration in simple and elegant way. Everything placed at its place perfectly.

Is my husband neat freak?

Rose,lilies, shower of carnation, scented candles - everything just perfect. Who will compare such beautiful decoration to such weird scenes, except me?

Well, can't blame my pretty mind. Any sane person can get insane in this wearisome bridal attire. I should have changed it. Not like he would care but I'm afraid what if my mother in law comes before him and get offended that I didn't wait for her son. Till now I have observed she is a nice lady, not typical stereotype mother in laws but I can't risk at the initial stage of new beginning of my life. Anyway its not my wedding night like bollywood movies shows. At least I can take off this jewelries.

I'm already 4 days old bride but in his house its my first day

His house?

This tiny word took me back 4 days ago.

I was sitting with my sisters, Nitya Di (elder sister)and Ozal waiting to call me at wedding altar when Mummy decided to have some chitchat with me alone. Her eyes were glossy. She took my palms in her," Adita, I know you are not ready. We all know. I don't know why you are doing this but I have trust in my upbringing. But please love, if you are doing this in any pressure, quit OK?"
I smiled," Mummy (Mother) , I know what I'm doing and I want to do this. Don't worry." There came Pappa (Father) and joined us," Adi, beta. I'm always here for you. Just give a call to your Pappa whenever you need us." and I couldn't hold myself anymore to hug them, my eyes welled up with tears.
Mummy broke the hug," I won't say Adi, your husband's home is yours home now onwards. Its your choice love. Always remember, this home is yours too. The house you will go after four days is a house. Their people waiting for you are just human beings not robots. Don't expect them to hear voice of your heart. You have to make that house a home for you Adi. You have to make them family for you. Don't expect anything from them right now and eventually they will understand you one day. You won't have to say your expectations to them that day."