Chapter- 7. She is not that bad, is she?

Author POV:

Even on the 20th call Adita got the same response in melodious voice and that was the last nail in the her patience. Infuriation word will be nothing in front of what she felt then. When even battery of her phone was started deteriorating gradually, she gave up. Clutching her purse and phone she sat on nearby bench but eyes still on the main gate for a single glimpse of Kaushal.

'Has Kaushal really left me here all alone?' Her dramatic mind not helping either.

Now no more known faces were there. Very few people were now there whom Adita didn't know at all. Her tears on the verge of bursting out, out of anger or fear of left alone she didn't know? In anxiety, she was feeling like everyone was looking at her only even when nobody had their eyes in her. She thought to try once again when her eyes fell on Kaushal approaching her.

Finally!

He looked happy and cheerful after having great time with his friends oblivious to the situation Adita were in.

"Chalen? (Ready to go?)" He asked with a bright smile which worked as chilli on Adita's mood. She watched his face for some time.

'Was that some kind of prank or was he avenging for morning incident?' She wondered.

"Chaliye. (Let's go.)" She said in expressionless straight voice. They walked together to their car. Adita took sleeping Priyam in her arms when Kaushal opened door for her. As earlier there was silence in the car this time too though Kaushal seemed in nice mood.

"It was great party,wasn't? After so long I had great time." He chirped on which she just chipped a smile.

"What did you do there? How did you liked the party?" He asked again which irrigated her more.

"I had my whale of time. Enjoyed a lot. Didn't want to come home leaving the hall." She said in extra sugary voice. He sensed the anger in her voice so to avoid upcoming argument he changed the topic,

"How was the dinner? What you had in desert?" He said changing the topic.

"Ice cream." She said monotonously.

"Ice cream? Where did you find it?" He was shocked on this because he was sure there was only sweets for desert and no ice creams.

"In the corner." Same tone.

"You had dinner, right?" Now he was suspicious.

"No, I didn't. I think people have dinner in party with the person they come with. But I was not aware that here its not the same." She sniffed.

'She is crying?' He asked himself. 'But why?'

Kaushal stopped the car and looked at her. Her long straight nose turned red. Hunger and anger made her situation worse, tears started falling without her control.

"I'm sorry, Adita. I'm really very sorry." He looked panic. He felt guilty for leaving her alone there and not checking for dinner. Now her tears making him restless. He didn't expect her to wait for him. "I...I forg...no, I.. I lost the track of time there. When I thought to come, it was already late, so I had dinner thinking you would have had. I'm sorry."

She didn't said anything just rubbed the back of palm on her cheeks to wipe tears. 
Kaushal watched her action restlessly then said, "You wait here. I'll come with something to eat. Near is very nice restaurant."