Eighty.

~ May 23rd 2021 ~
Dan's point of view

I have a wife. I'm married. A husband.

Within two years my whole life changed for the better. I'm a father to not only a little angel...but I have twins. I'd do anything and everything for them. And now I have a wife. The most beautiful woman on this planet today. I'd do anything and everything for her too. And our family.

I sit on the chair besides the dance floor as I watch my families little kids dance around to the music with Lana and my sister. Lana and Fran spin around holding Holly and Jack, as well as Frans own toddler. "You've done well for yourself, mate." Ralph smiles while he says with his own niece. We're not a uptight couple. We wanted - and got - a kid friendly wedding and reception.

"I know right." I genuinely smile looking at my wife in her element plying with the kids. Lana went from despising them...to loving them. I'm proud that we've both overcame our fears. Especially Lana. I've never seen her more happy. Happiness looks gorgeous on her. "What's next on your life agenda?" I shrug my shoulders back as for a moment - I realise I have everything I need.

"I think for now I'm going to focus on maintaining a perfect life for my family. We're happy as fuck." I down the larger as Ralph nods his head. Before we can continue to talk at the corner of my eye I see Maisie walking up towards me. Without Kyle. Okay.

I smile at her as she literally sits in the empty seat next to me. "Congratulations..." She smiles once settled down. I probably should tell her that is Lana's seat. But then again Lana is now literally laying on the dance floor with Holly sitting on top of her stomach laughing. Holly and Jack are the happiest babies. We literally broke our kids - they never cry - even when they're in pain. They just creepily laugh.

I must admit getting the kids injections didn't make me cry as much as I thought I would. Like it is horrible to hold your kids down for their own wellbeing...even when they're in pain. Thankfully they weirdly laughed - that's why I managed to suck my tears up. Lana was more embarrassed than anything because the nurse 'had never heard babies to laugh while in pain'. My kids are strange.

"Thank you..." my voice trails off.

That's when I look at her again. She hasn't dyed her hair in a few months...so her hair is longer and the colour is only still vibrant at the ends. The bags under her eyes of which she used to have when she was with me have gone. Her skin is clear. Still pretty Maisie.

"How are you?" Admittedly this year me and Lana nearly fell out of touch with everyone. It was intentional, we've just spent a lot of time with each other and the kids. It's the fucking best feeling in the world...just us four.

"I'm great thanks. Back in England now..." although Maisie smiles I can tell that she isn't every happy. I guess she knows her Italian dream will never happen with Kyle, he gets severe homesickness. Like really bad. "You?" She asks while I shrug. "I mean it's probably...quite clear, right?" I nod my head towards Lana being a weirdo flopped all over the floor like a octopus. Thank god she slipped on her evening gown. Her actual wedding dress would've smothered and eventually killed everyone on that floor.

"Yeah..." Maisie smiles as I look around the room for Kyle. I mean...I don't think they've broken up? It just seems a bit weird, normally wherever I go...Lana out of boredom follows. If she doesn't like what I'm doing she will tell me - getting her gifts and shit is fucking hard. I have to do that when I'm at a gig venue or whatever.

"Apart from moving back here...what else have you been doing?" I mean this is awkward. I know it shouldn't be. She was my first child's mother. I don't know why this feels a bit off. Maybe I need to kick off a conversation? "I brought a new studio. Not too far from One Eyed Jack's...and yeah. Kyle remixed one of my songs with Nick and yeah. Me and Tyde are now apparently making music together." I'm glad Kyle and Nick are finally getting recognition for Tyde. They both do deserve it. Even if I don't particularly like these weird computer sounds.

"I thought you learned after Flowerbed that preforming songs you wrote with your love...is a no go?" I mean - admittedly I haven't learned either.

One night I walked into the kitchen to get a wine glass or whatever, and I heard Lana with her headphones in singing while washing up the dishes. Normally when she sings, Lana makes herself sound deliberately bad. She puts on funny voices or accents. But hearing her sing caught me off guard.

So of course I recorded her singing the stupid Bastille song - without her knowledge - and I went into the studio the next day. Obviously I'm just waiting for the perfect time to tell her that I...recorded her singing while cleaning up dirty dishes.

But that is a death wish.

"Yeah...but unlike us - me and Kyle are pretty fuckin' solid." I nod my head and smile at her optimism. I mean...least we both know that we wasn't ever actually in love. But we are now.

"Me and you have got to collab again...for old times sake. Even if it is going to be shit or whatever. A move on song...you know?" I nod my head, even though I know that it probably won't happen. Me and Maisie are busy. We've got a lot on our plates at the moment. Me with the kids...my wife...Maisie with her career.

   "Another collaboration? Sounds wicked."