Sixty-One.

~ January 31st 2020 ~
Dan's point of view

   "Does my dress look okay?" Lana asks me while we cross the deserted road. "Does your dress look...what?" I laugh. I don't know what exactly she's asking me here. I've already told her that she looks perfect twice this evening.

   When we get to the curb I stop and admire her dress. It's a red one. She got it for Christmas...it's the prettiest thing that she has ever worn. Ruby red suits her. I think she knows that she looks good in it. On Christmas Day she made me photograph it for her snapchat. I nearly forgot about that photo for a whole day before I managed to get a screenshot.

I can't help but lace my fingers through hers

I can't help but lace my fingers through hers. "You look ridiculously good. How are you even my girlfriend?" With that Lana bumps into me as she laughs shaking her head. "But does it fit good. It feels a little tight around my boob area and-" I shake my head...even though I'm not sure how the dress is supposed to go. It looks alright.

   "Just...don't bend over..." it sounds wrong but I legitimately care about her. "Charming." Lana rolls her eyes while I shake my head. "You know what I mean." Lana cracks a shy smile and nods her head. My eyes wonder off for a moment as I look around. I used to walk this street everyday this earlier this year. My apartment...was...is...right there.

   I don't say anything as I look at mine and Maisie's old place. The window to what would be our old bedroom is completely dark. I don't think anyone is in? Either that or they're sleeping...even though it's pretty early in the evening, however since it's still winter it's very dark out. And bitter cold.

   "You okay?" Lana asks as I stare up at the apartment. The apartment I loved to hate. "Yeah, sorry." I whisper as Lana pulls me away. "Let's go and celebrate Other People's Heartache part five!" She shouts at the top of her voice. Lana can be a party monster when she feels like it. God I aspire to be like her...

~ + ~ + ~ + ~

~ Meanwhile ~
Maisie's point of view

   "So I got Night At The Museum...and managed to sneak popcorn out of the movies." Ali laughs while he dances away in the kitchen. I guess one of his many businesses he just made a deal or something? I don't know...and I hate to admit it but at this point in time I don't care.

   I don't care about anything...or anyone. Not even myself. Especially on mine and Dan's anniversary.

   Two years today I thought I meant my future husband. He wrote his number down on a fucking cigarette and of course me being me texted it. I thought he was cool - I should've known that a guy like him never will end up staying with a girl like me.

   "Maze! Did you hear?" - Ali joyfully calls again - "I got that shitty movie you like and actual movie popcorn!" I don't reply. I let him come into the room with a massive smile on his face.

Ali has been like a changed man since I moved back to the states with him. The old Ali was bitter and greedy. He was this billionaire who didn't like spending money - now he couldn't be more giving. He's brought me my own place...it's not like I can't afford it or anything. I'm still gonna be rich for the rest of my life. He's brought me everything my heart desires. This has only been since I tried to fucking kill myself...or maybe it was because the secret of him being my father got revealed? Who knows?

At least I know the truth about our family. Daisy was my mom. She grew up with Ali more or less, so it wasn't strange for their parents to know if there something was...sexually up between themselves. Whether Ali went, Daisy went. It was like that until one day they did...the dirty. They was young and didn't have the best education and they didn't even have the talk yet...so they never knew about protection. Because they was both...already going through the change she fell pregnant with me and Georgie. Her parents disowned her and then she lived with us.

To save embarrassment from classmates and arseholes they let my grandparents trick us into believing their our actual parents. According to Ali there was a time when I was little and I'd somehow mistakenly call him daddy or whatever. When Ali was retelling the story he cried. I've not seen him cry since my 'parents' funeral.

They're still good people.

As soon as he see's me laying down on the couch crying my eyes out, Ali runs over and sits down. Of course he settles the popcorn bowl and dvd down on the coffee table in front of us. "Maze..." he gently coos as I shake my head.

"I met him...two...years...ago." I cry out. I haven't told anyone because I thought I could cope. I miss him. I miss Dan Smith and it fucking hurts to see him in a relationship with another woman. It's too soon.

It's not right.

"Shhh..." Ali whispers as he brushes my hair behind my ears. "Forget about that asshole. Okay?" I want to argue and tell him that I will never ever forget about Dan. But I know he's just trying his best to be a good father.

I don't say anything else.