Thirty-Nine.

𝙇𝙤𝙣𝙚𝙡𝙮 𝙜𝙝𝙤𝙨𝙩 𝙄'𝙡𝙡 𝙛𝙤𝙡𝙡𝙤𝙬 𝙮𝙤𝙪 𝙘𝙡𝙤𝙨𝙚 𝙛𝙧𝙤𝙢 𝙣𝙤𝙬 𝙪𝙣𝙩𝙞𝙡 𝙛𝙤𝙧𝙚𝙫𝙚𝙧 𝙮𝙤𝙪'𝙧𝙚 𝙣𝙚𝙫𝙚𝙧 𝙖𝙡𝙤𝙣𝙚
- 𝗣𝗵𝗶𝗻

~ April 13th 2019 ~

"Come on, you must have a name in mind for her." Mum says as she sits on the bed besides Maisie who is hooked up to this IV machine. She winces every time she moves her arm slightly. That's not the half of what Maisie has suffered today. I worked in a hospital packing and sorting out needles, and even I can admit that I have never heard anyone actually scream. That was until Maisie decided to legitimately scream like she was about to get murdered.

Maisie has been through it all...literally. At least she gave into the idea of a needle - she's that obsessed with Bee. Her only fear...and she overcame it in a heartbeat. Maze is full of surprises.

"We haven't really thought about that. She's always been just...Bee...you know?" I say while looking at mum. "What names do you both like though? There must be one name that sticks out for you both?" I shake my head. I've honestly not thought about names. I only have a few things on my mind right now - the first thing being Bee's health.

   "Even we knew you was a Dan." Dad grumbles from behind the Daily Star newspaper. He hasn't really spoken to us today free willingly - only when mum nudges on his arm when she wants him to agree with her. They're a weird pair. "Yeah but me and Maisie have...other priorities at the moment mum." Bee. She is our only priority.

   "Jesus Christ..." mum mumbles under her breath while she almost stares right through me. I shrug my shoulders back and look at Maisie confused - to which she shrugs too - what have I said or done to my mother now? "What?" I sound pissed off. I know I do. It's manly because I am, or maybe it's the fact that I literally was up all night because I made a promise not to leave Maisie alone in hospital - so of course when nurses checked in on her I had to hide because they have a strict visiting hours policy.

"That's something I've always dreamed you would say. And now you have..." okay? That's nice? "I don't know-" mum cuts me off straight away. "Being a father Dan. Saying that your priority is Bee." With that Maisie nods her head looking at me. I hate being the centre of attention...

I don't say anything else, I let mum continue her speech about how she's proud...how my daughter is 'well over due' and so fourth. "I like Isabelle." I mutter under my breath regarding to the conversation mum was having with Maze before it was turned towards me. "Isabelle?" Maisie almost whispers back looking fairly curious. "Yeah...that's my stand out name." I would be lying if I say that I haven't googled names in excitement...because I have.

Multiple times.

"I was thinking Isabelle...either that or Stella." Stella is a pretty name too. I then look away smiling...I guess one of those is going to be Bee's name. Wow.

That's when dad puts down his paper and points at Maisie. "Do you need help deciding which name you want to choose?"I mean it's fucking obvious that me and Maisie are stuck - it's nice how he has just pointed that out. Maisie makes a long 'um' sound. I can tell that she probably wants to officiate the name with me in private. When it comes to big steps in this pregnancy she chooses to keep them very private...if I want to post about her or whatever Maisie has to check whether I've said too much.

"Nah" I smile at dad while he looks shocked that I'm answering for Maze. That's when Maisie...is back to old Maisie. "It would be nice if you guys helped us. You're her only grandparents." I'm still convinced that her brother is her dad. He's literally old enough to be. Something fucking shady went on behind closed doors in the Chain family...

"Aww..." Mum goes to hug Maisie but of course Maisie uncomfortably yelps because of the IV drip. Apparently they're trying this vitamin and calcium thing...whatever it is Bee is feeling better according to Maisie. However, we have yet to see if any of this is actually working. Hopefully she's going to start growing sooner or later.

"Who votes for Stella?" Admittedly no one reacts. I feel bad because I can see Maisie is disappointed. "Who votes for Isabelle?" I nod my head while my parents act like school kids in a classroom and raise their hands. Maisie then puts both of her hands on her bump and cradles it looking...happy. Of course in the middle of this shit storm Maisie is smiling. "Isabelle it is then." She smiles looking downwards lovingly.

"Isabelle our little bumblebee."