Forty-Four.

𝙎𝙝𝙚 𝙛𝙞𝙡𝙡𝙨 𝙪𝙥 𝙚𝙫𝙚𝙧𝙮 𝙘𝙤𝙧𝙣𝙚𝙧 𝙡𝙞𝙠𝙚 𝙨𝙝𝙚'𝙨 𝙗𝙤𝙧𝙣 𝙞𝙣 𝙗𝙡𝙖𝙘𝙠 𝙖𝙣𝙙 𝙬𝙝𝙞𝙩𝙚
- 𝗞𝗧 𝗧𝘂𝗻𝘀𝘁𝗮𝗹𝗹

   Today has been nice. Probably the best birthday I've ever had...I have everyone I know and love right by my side. It just felt perfect. Dan really out did himself, I can't believe that I thought so many mean things about him when we broke up. He doesn't deserve that kind of hate...or any for that matter. He is sweet.

   I pull back from our first kiss of the day. It's a private one...since we're not the type of couple to do romance in public or in front of family or friends. We're a bit strange that way. The doorbell goes but someone answers it - people have been coming and going all day. I don't think any new faces are going to turn up - it's probably going to be those who went out to get a takeaway. They're pretty quick back. 

   "Thank you." I whisper before falling into his arms. 

   I'm not sure what I can say about today without sounding completely melodramatic. I mean it's perfect - and if I just say that...Dan isn't going to believe me. I say everything is perfect because I'm that kind of girl. "For what?" As if Dan just asked that after arranging a birthday like this. Everything from the decorations, to all of the games we played...his little family members helping me open my presents...even the cake. It was just wholesome and beautiful. "For everything." I whisper as I feel the tears fog over my eyes. It's stupid...but no one has ever put that much effort into me before and I don't know what to say or do. I'm so happy.

   "Aw...babe. Don't cry." Dan nervously laughs as he holds the side of my cheek.

   Goddammit hormones. I wish they backed off for one single day. "I didn't...want to give you this in front of the others. But..." Dan's voice trails off as he removes a long box from behind his back. 

   I swear to god that better got be a joke. I do not want a pen to 'get back in the writing mood'. Dan's joked about it before and I'm still not amused. I've made one single song and that's...way more than I intended when I said I want to quit. I can and will never be able to keep my boyfriend fucking satisfied.

   Dan then passes it to me which a shy smile. "It's not technically from me." I narrow my eyes in confusion as he nervously laughs. I open up the box and literally burst into tears of happiness. There sitting on the silk is a necklace with a small golden bee on it. It's amazing. "Yeah..." Dan whispers as I immediately kiss him again. This time the kiss isn't slow and steady...it's fast and passionate...on my behalf.

   Dan pulls away before I get a little carried away. "So you like it? I heard that expectant dads are meant to get something expensive for their girlfriends or whatever." This is the best present I've ever fucking received. "Oh my god." I try to not jump up and down...she's been good today. I think she's awake? I'm not entirely sure.

   "Put it on me." I whisper as I gather my brown locks and hold it all together above my head so it will be easier for Dan to put it on. "Okay-okay...just wait one second..." As if Dan is trying to figure out how to open a necklace. I roll my eyes back with this massive smile tattooed onto my face. That's when someone knocks on the kitchen door. "Shit." Dan whispers as I feel him laying my necklace against my neck. "Is it done?" I whisper as Dan nods his head going to the kitchen door. "Lips!" I shout out while he rubs my pink lipstick off of his face...thank god he's wearing sleeves. I have no time to admire my gift from Bee.

   As soon as Dan opens the door my eyes widen at the sight of him. Not Dan...but the other guy...Ali.

   What is he doing here?