Seventy-Five.

~ December 20th 2020 ~
Maisie's point of view

"You look the complete opposite of Christmassy." Kyle laughs while he twirls me around. Only because he's bored and standing in what looks like a very awkward position against the wall.

Most - if not all - of the crew run around us. It's like the world is a fast forward button while...while me and Kyle tucked away into the corner goes slow. It's kind of...weird.

   "I prefer the Krampus over Santa." With that Kyle throws his long pale arms over my shoulders and pulls me close. "I love a freaky bitch." Black has sort of became my colour this past year, and it's nice to know that I'm rocking the look. I know when Kyle is lying about things - but I also know that Kyle never lies to my face. Ever.

   After we pull funny faces at each other with our hips close, Kyle then sighs. It looks like there's something on his mind. "What's up?" Kyle goes to shake his head but all I have to do is place my hand on his soft cheek and tilt his head towards me. "What's up?" I repeat again, only a little more stern. "I'm worried Dan is going to see you and fall head first for you. You've changed Maisie. Dan likes a bad girl..."

   I'm not sure Dan will ever feel anything for me ever again. Not because I've changed or whatever...it's because of Lana Knight. Lana has became his everything from what I can tell - I follow them both and it's more than true that they love each other. He seems like his changed too.

   "Lana is hardly a bad girl. The only thing that is bad about her is the fact that she is cocky and calls everyone baby." Lana doesn't lie either. She's the type of woman who tells you what she thinks of you to your face. I don't know whether that's a good or bad thing. She's feisty and is good at hiding her emotions I guess? I'm an emotional wreck who likes grunge.

   "I know...but...I just love you." I'm never going to cheat on anybody. Even though Kyle fucked up in the past - I don't think he is going to cheat on me either. Otherwise he wouldn't even be telling me not to fall in love with my ex.

Kyle has trust issues.

I shake my head with a smile on my face. "I only love you." With that we kiss, a slow romantic kiss. We said our first 'I love you' last month on Thanksgiving. Kyle flew out to America once again...and I gave him his first actual Thanksgiving. After the football game Ali invited him to his man cave. Unlike Dan - Ali really likes Kyle - they played Spider-Man on PS4 for the entire night. It was annoying since they're loud people.

It's weird to know my boyfriend his friends with my father.

That's when I hear Dan's voice from behind me. He is ushering Kyle to the stage or whatever. I can't believe they're taking time out of their own personal schedule at Christmas for charity. I turn around and Dan looks at me...his eyes widen for a second. I then look to Lana who is draped to his arm with a big smile planted across her pretty face. Her other hand holds the bottom of her very large bump.

"Wow...Maisie." Dan says looking rather at my tattoos and hair than having eye contact. "Yeah..." my voice trails off as I suddenly feel insecure and embarrassed. "I like your...tattoos." Lana then stops smiling and wearily points to my arm. "Thanks" I say smiling. I mean I want to break the awkwardness just as much as they probably want to do. "How are you? It's been...long." I nod my head while I feel Kyle plant his arm around my waist.

"I'm really good thanks. I spend most of the days in my studio and working on new sounds and stuff, how are you?" Dan smiles nodding his head as he looks at Lana's bump. "We're alright too. I've been spending time at home...and stuff." I make an 'ah' noise. I'm glad Dan has learnt from his mistakes. I barely saw Dan...when I did he just seemed like a zombie. At least he is moving on, just like I am.

"I've got an idea." Lana says while she crosses her arms. "Oh yeah?" Kyle asks. He is tense. I don't think he ever loved Lana...he never talks about her. I know it's a weird topic to bring up your ex but I do it in remembrance that I'm not in a messy relationship...like I once have been.

Lana nods her head before turning to Dan. She then points at me, "Why don't you both sing that Flower song?" My eyes widen in disbelief. Does she even know what that song meant to us?

That song was a love song declaring our undying love for each other.

   "Babe..." Dan's voice trails off as he slightly shakes his head. "Make up new lyrics on the spot. Change it. That song is fucking amazing. Either that or you can think of me and Kyle?" Dan then looks at me and shrugs. I have been wanting to get his permission to sing that song. My fans have been driving me nuts for it.

   "Okay..." I nod my head with a smile. "Sure."

   I never thought a old love song would rekindle me with my ex and his pregnant girlfriend...who was my boyfriend ex. This is weird.