Forty-Eight.

𝘽𝙡𝙤𝙤𝙙, 𝙨𝙬𝙚𝙖𝙩 𝙖𝙣𝙙 𝙩𝙚𝙖𝙧𝙨 𝙩𝙤 𝙗𝙚 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙤𝙣𝙚
- 𝗜𝗺𝗮𝗴𝗶𝗻𝗲 𝗗𝗿𝗮𝗴𝗼𝗻𝘀

~ May 22nd 2019 ~
Dan's point of view

"So what...Maisie is this dark horse? Is that what you're saying?" I nod my head head as I take a large gulp of my larger. Normally I'm a red wine kind of bloke but I'm on a night in the city with the lads...I can't exactly drink red wine. It would probably looks less masculine or whatever - I'm not exactly Amy Adams.

"She was cheerleading bitch." Kyle nervously laughs. "I know I can talk since I was probably worse than her in uni...but...yeah. People grow up. Not everyone stays a dickhead. Look at Maisie, she is literally the sweetest person ever - you can't say that she didn't change Dan." I'm not mad or anything. It's just disappointing to know that Maisie has done and said some fucked up shit in her lifetime...even if it was in the past.

I guess it means she still has that dark side within her.

"You was just a div." Woody then says as he downs his second pint. He always looks proud of himself...it's mildly entertaining. "Yeah...but Maisie has legitimately changed." I don't know why the topic is on Maisie all of a sudden...maybe I should change it to something a little bit more...Kyle. "No one is perfect and you need to realise and stop shaking people...Maisie is trying her best." I guess that technically is true. I don't answer him as there's one minute of total and awkward silence.

"How's your baby then?" I tilt my head looking at Kyle. I mean it's not like it was a secret or anything - I'm nearly a hundred percent sure that he's told everyone."It's fine." I laugh shaking my head. He reminds me of so much how I acted.

I guess I never really knew how pathetic I sounded. No wonder why Maisie freaked - I would've if I was the one who was pregnant. "Am I literally the only guy here who adores my kids from the start." Woody grunts as Will nods his head. I'm going to be so glad when Will becomes a father...he has no idea how lucky he is that he isn't. Also probably the most careful member of Bastille in that region.

I am too...but Maisie has motherhood issues so...yeah. "Do you know if it's a boy or girl yet?" Woody casually asks while someone decides to put on a hip-hop song. It sounds sort of pop...not mainstream pop...alternative. I think it's Vince Staples. It sound a lot like him. "Nah man." Kyle whispers as there's a long silence.

"What have you lot been doing then?" I ask generally interested in what they've been up to during this hiatus of sorts. "Been helping the missus, innit." Obviously that's no shit. Woody loves his family just as much as they love him. I wish to have a family unit as close as his.

I look at Will who points upwards. "I brought a plane. So on weekends I just soar the skies with my fiancée." Nothing about that sentence seems normal. But it is.

Once upon a time us lot couldn't afford rent. Now we own multiple houses, fancy cars and a fucking plane. It's pretty amazing to think about how far we've came...more to the point how lucky we are to have this kind of money.

"Been going to the studio to play some games." Kyle's one is probably the most relatable. Other than being with Maisie - I've been hanging around the house doing fuck all.

"Are you ready...to create some new music?" I think they're bored. I know by now when they want a break from music and I know when they want to do something - hence why they all agreed to meet up for a drink. This is rare. "We've been ready since Flowerbed..." I know they have and so have I.

   I just thought we all need a break...and obviously so did Virgin.

   Before I can ask what they want the theme of the next album to be someone catches my eye. Not like that. Or at least I don't think so. "Who is she?" I mumble under my breath as a this girl walks up to our table. "Oh fuck no." Kyle whispers as he scratches the back of his head looking in the opposite direction.

   "Ky..." I whisper under my breath as he shakes his head a little. What the fuck has he done? Before I can say anything else to Kyle the girl stands right besides me, she smells of...lavender. It's a weird smell. Not like Maisie's cheap candy floss scent.

   I don't say anything, neither do any of us. The woman looks my age, maybe a bit younger...she is slim and has brown hair, big brown eyes too and is tallish. She's pretty...really pretty. How the fuck did Kyle get her into bed? I mean...it's obvious that they was at one point a thing.

   "Hello" Chris says with a smile as I shake my head trying not to laugh. This is ridiculously awkward. "Hi." She snaps looks straight at Kyle. "Is there anything we can do for you?" I have to look away. He really is testing his luck with this woman. "Yes actually. I need one of you to tell him that I'm not getting married while he cheating on me." Will literally spits out his drink as I laugh. Woody shakes his head with a grin on his face. "Fuck off did you propose." Woody mumbles while Will is trying to sober up and not smile - which is hard when that is the most Kyle thing ever.

Only could a dickhead like Kyle do something as immature as that. "The fuck mate?" I laugh looking confused at the back of Kyle's head in confusion. "Go away Lana!" Kyle mumbles before turning around slightly.

"Fuck you!" Lana - Kyle's other bit - whispers as she picks up my beer and throws it at Kyle. While he sits in shock she walks away literally crying. I feel bad for her.

"Fucking hell man..." I stand up. "I was going to dump...the other one but then she told me she is pregnant and I can't just fucking leave her. I'm not like you." Fuck you man. "Whatever." I hiss as I literally leave the table and follow that Lana bird. I hope she has a friend or someone with her, what she just did was amazing.