One

Out of all the powers that have been seen among meta humans Izzie wished she could turn invisible. Sadly that wasn't her power. She didn't even know what to call her power much less what it really was. If she was invisible she could sneak her way into a decent hotel room. Not a run down abandon home in an abandon neighbourhood.

Izzie looked around the empty building, holding her bag close to her body. It wasn't much, it didn't even look comforting, but it was a roof. The paint on the walls was chipping, and the floors were covered in dirt and dust. She let out a breath as she walked around the corner to find a bedroom. No electricity, no water, no heat. Another night she had to try not to die. Another night she had to try to hide from Social Services. One more foster home and she knew she'd go crazy. She's already almost made it a year and she only had just over another until she didn't have to worry anymore.

Izzie is a runaway. One too many beatings from one too many foster dads. One too many lies told about her that people just believed. Some kids in the system just take so much before they realize no one will ever help them and thing must be taken into their own hands. She needed a fresh start, one that didn't included another bad family or somone using her for a check. She needed to just go on her own. She's raised her self from the moment she entered the system. This is not different.

Returning home might not be the best of ideas but she knew she couldn't leave. Her life and loved ones are here in Central City. While risky she didn't want to be anywhere else anymore. She wanted to visit the people she loves and she didn't want a two hour train ride.

Lizzie used her only connection and now is trying to get a job. She'd eventually find something if this didn't work out. She always worked it out. She just wanted money coming in right away so she can stop crashing in homes long abandoned with no heat. She knew she'd struggle in winter if she had to keep crashing.

Izzie walked into the small room with ugly yellow walls and dense carpet that clearly needed a good cleaning. She put her hair back and set up her sleeping bag. Fully open she put a blanket on top before sitting down. Her backpack stayed close to her so she was ready to grab and run. Right now, she knew she needed sleep even though she didn't want it. When she sleeps there's the chance of dreaming. With dreaming comes the dreams she knew she couldn't handle. The good or the bad. No matter what her dreams showed her things that brought on pain or guilt.

The tiredness from running all day settled in. She couldn't help closing her eyes. Letting her tiredness sink in and take control.

"Where are you taking me?" Izzie smiled listening for his voice. The voice that made her heart flutter and her body warm.

"I already told you it's a surprise." She smiled as he let out a chuckle. She continued to let the wind blow through her hair and the heat from the sun kiss her skin. She felt as the car came to a spot.

"Ryan-"

"Hold on." She listened as she heard his door open and closed. Then her door opened. "Careful now." She felt the heat on her feet. Ryan removed the blindfold and she smiled.

"The beach! Oh, I love it!" She jumped and wrapped her arms around his neck."Thank you...I love it."

"I knew you would. The day is ours." She smiled. They ran to the shoreline. She took off her shirt revealing her bralette which passed for a swimsuit. Laughter filled the space as they ran around. Izzie loved it. Anytime she was with him the only thing on her face was a smile. Anytime she wasn't with him, smiles came rarely.

Izzies eyes fluttered open as the twitch in her heart brought a pain that radiates through her body slowly churning to guilt. She sat up feeling the sunrise glare in her face. The feeling in her gut left her feeling doomed. The day wasn't going to be easy. She wasn't particularly ready for it but of course she had no choice. If she wants her life to change she had to get a job. She took a deep breath and looked in her backpack to get one of her very view outfit options.