Meera: Weren't we leaving in 2 days?

Mom: Yes. But since Arjun's family hasn't been to Delhi in a while, we will stay there for two nights and one day. After that we have hired a car to take us to the venue in Dehradun.

Meera: Well, this is the most whirlwind vacation we have ever planned. We'll be right there! Bye.

Mom: Come quickly. Bye!

Meera cut the call and narrated the new events to the group. They discussed the new travel plans till they reached the parking lot. Arjun shifted Meera's shopping bags from his car to hers while muttering 'You might need two suitcases to fit all this'.

Meera hugged Tara and high-fived her for winning the game. "Pack well! See you tomorrow!" Arya hugged Tara as well and started a conversation about packing.

"Today was fun. Thanks for chilling with me, Meera!" said Arjun, stepping forward to hug her. Meera hugged him back, "Right back at you, DQ! I'll see you tomorrow! Pack a lot of winter wear. It will be cold!" and broke the hug.

"Thanks for the tip. Bye!" he said before getting into the car with Tara.

Meera's family reached home after half an hour. Meera and Arya slumped on the couch, tired after the day. Their mom handed them hot coffee and the sisters watched TV for a bit. Meera was mimicking a Bollywood song they were watching, when she felt her phone buzzing. I wonder if it's Arjun.

But it was Sid. She picked up the call and went into the balcony for some privacy.

Sid (sarcastically): So now that the hot new British guy is here, you don't have time to talk to me anymore?

Meera: Hello to you too, Sid. Yeah actually I had a long day. Our families went for shopping today and then we went for laser tag. I defeated him and he took it so much better than you!

Sid: Shopping? For what? Your engagement? Didn't get the invite yet. I'm offended.

Meera: May not invite you for my real engagement now that you said that.

Sid: It's okay. I'll gatecrash it anyway.

Meera: ANYWAY. So turns out that I'm leaving tomorrow for a destination wedding of some long-lost friend with Arjun's family for a week. They are apparently super-rich, so I'm going to go crazy there.

Sid: Damn, that's a good deal. I want to be invited to this. Take me as one of your family members. PLEASE. No one would know.

Meera: HA-HA-HA. What a superb idea! You will just need to buy 7 different forms of clothes for this wedding and you can come. Wait. Tanya is calling me. I'll make it a conference call.

Tanya: Hey Meera! So how was the shopping trip with Arjun?? I want to know details. Spill.

Sid: Tanya, with no due respect, I would like to go away now. Because this sounds horrible. Bye guys!

Meera: SID. No wait, listen. I need a guy's opinion too. And sadly, you are all I have!

Tanya: Sid. Even though I hate you right now, Adi is next to me. He is asking if you want to play PUBG around 7:30? And Meera, you're on speaker.

Sid: Tell him I'm in. Chicken dinners await!

Meera began telling them the events of the day. She told them about the destination wedding, her shopping bet with Arjun, how he had outsmarted her.

Sid: Who did not see this coming? Anyone? (Adi and Tanya laughed in the background) Such an amateur, Meera.

Meera: Please reserve your expert comments till after the end of the story.

She told them about the accidental duet they performed, so in sync, without any practice.

Meera: Like I felt as if I'm in High School Musical or something... For the lack of a better reference!

Sid: 10 points from Hufflepuff for mentioning High School Musical.

Meera: You're just using Sheldon Cooper's lines now, Sid. Minus points for lack of creativity.

Tanya: Oh God. Stop bickering, you two. Meera! I am shipping Armeera so hard, right now.

Meera then told them about the laser tag game and how honestly Arjun had spoken what was on his mind.

Adi: Sounds like a good one, Meera. Don't jinx it by overthinking it, like you always do.

Sid: I bet 100 bucks that they will be making out at that wedding.

Tanya: Make it 200.

Meera: Let's see what happens guys. I do like him as a friend right now. Plus he looks really good and has the sexiest British accent. So I won't rule him out as an option, entirely!

The conversation then moved on to other usual pieces of gossip and after 45 minutes, Meera cut the call. Now I have to pack. Ugh.

"If you don't start packing right now, I'm cancelling your ticket" shouted Meera's mom from the bedroom. Wow. That escalated quickly.

********************************************************************

Hello readers!

If you like this story, do vote and comment. I would love to know what you think about this book!

I will update soon. Stay tuned.