Prey is Waiting

Zyra's POV

Sona's performance was wonderful. It was so wonderful that a staff fell asleep. No offense, I was just trying to be true. But seriously, it's wonderful. A song for anger, I guess. I waited for Elise outside the backstage. 'Time is ticking.' I thought. I want to finish this so I won't see him anymore.That tree who... Nevermind :P

I observed the place around me. Dark, quiet, and... happy? I heard the band laughing. Shadow Isles is a weird place. The place is foggy, despite that it's a land of dead souls. But the center of the place isn't that foggy. "My friend, want a tour?" I heard Elise say. "How about," I turned to her. "No." she came forward and chuckled. "Well, what did you came here for again?" she walked towards the forest. "Follow me." she added. I did what I was asked to.

We arrived at a tall cave, that has gates. Elise pressed something and the doors opened. Elise looked at me and said, "Welcome to my lair." Elise turned and walked in. The time I set foot in, the temperature is lower than outside. The halls have cobwebs and the floor is not that smooth nor rough. The ceiling has beautiful crystal chandeliers. We went upstairs, the staircase that I think is made of marble. We encountered another door and Elise opened it. I continued to look at my amazing surroundings. "Tsk, tsk, tsk. My, the prophet is still here, I see." I heard Elise said. I looked at them. It's like they're gonna attack each other. "Um..." I can't help but interrupt. "Just as I thought. Good thing I followed you two." I heard heavy footsteps coming. I stepped away from the door as a giant shadow grows. "I DID said stop fighting, right?" the shadow revealed Mordekaiser going towards the two. I stepped back and a step backwards. "We three talk later. Malzahar, leave them." And then he faced me. "Step aside." he exited. So did Malzahar.

Elise's POV

*sigh* I didn't noticed that. "Sorry for the... scene earlier." I sat down on my throne. "Why are you here again?" I repeated. "About Annie's lines." she made a chair and sat on it. "I've known you for a long time. And asking a favor to someone means you need something." she paused for a minute and continued. "Obviously." I giggled silently. "In life, there is the predator and the prey."

"The predator has more power than the prey." then my sweet spiderlings came out of their 'den'. Yeah, den, because I consider them wild. "The prey on the other hand, is the food for predator." I stood up and went on the nearby window. I saw the two talking. More like arguing, or Mordekaiser nagging on Malzahar. Hehehehe, *sigh* "Um... you were saying?" Zyra asked. "Oh. My point is, you are one of the predators and you should feast on more than.. I don't know, a hundred and twenty champions?" I glanced at her.

"I know that ever since I've lived." she rolled her eyes. "The question is, are you still a predator?" I turned back at the window. "What do you mean?" She asked. "Hehe. Confused, I see." I chuckled. "You don't seem to feast much compared last year. And something's stopping you from feasting." I waited for some moments. A smile formed in my face. "Silence means yes."

"Tell me, what makes you stop?" I paused. She looked up then down. "Troubled." I whispered while I went back to my throne. "Varus, he stops me from feeding as if he's the protector of each prey." she hesitated. She whispered something else, but it doesn't matter. For me, that is. "Well, he could kill you with his curse."

Zyra's POV

"Unless you kill him first."

Those words hit me, leaving me dumbfounded. "How? S-squeeze him with my vines?" I stuttered. She laughed. "You are part plant, right? There are normal plants, carnivorous plants," 'Please don't say it.' I thought as my eyes widen.

"Poisoinous plants... :)"

She went in a room and closed it. 'Left behind -_-' then I heard clinking sounds. She came back having a bottle with magenta or red colored liquid inside. "This, my friend, is a bottle of my neurotoxin. It's one of the poisons you don't want to interfere."

"Lure your prey, gain his trust, and kill him. One dip of your poisonous vine will lead you to your freedom." she gave me the bottle. Kill him. After everything that happened. I shook my head. "Who are you to control me?" I gripped the bottle. "Zyra, you don't understand. The Shadow Isles and the Void joined together to rule Valoran. We gathered feasting champions around the league. Some accepted, some declined."

"It's time for you to decide. Accept or decline?" I can't decide... "Hehe, I'll give you a week to confirm your decision. For now, keep your bottle." She opened the door. "Goodbye." I went out of her domain and headed back to my bridge.

*minutes later*

"Hm?" I whispered as I heard the bush rustle. I stared at the bush while walking towards it. I released my vines to snare towards it. Something dropped from the ground. I went to the bush and to my surprise, he's here. "What the heck are you doing here?" all my insides felt heavy. I'm not feeling good right now... Silence everywhere. " Lux needed Sona and she asked me to look here." he stated. After that, I hurried my way to the bridge.

Leona: Thanks for the almost 10k reads :D

Annie: We want to make you happy, so the intriguing part of this story is near! :3

Author: And I decided to make substories from some chapters after this story :)

Heimerdinger: Thanks for reading! Please press the vote button, comment, follow author, and share. And also enjoy! #Science