18-Mejidilogun

It had been a week since the club incident and a week since Ade and I connected with each other for the first time. Thankfully, nothing had changed but our efficiency. Working against X was the most demanding thing we had ever done. Even before we doubled down we had dedicated at least six hours a day to planning. We were working every moment Ximenes wasn't around, which was most of the time since he realized I wasn't putting out any time soon (sadly enough for him). So far we had pinpointed the date of his first "shipment" in Nigeria and exactly where, stopped three New York shipments, and sadly, taken out my box braids. At this point our main concern was suspicion about all the thwarted shipments. Ade attacked his first warehouse just a couple weeks before I arrived. Now that it was the two of us instead of just Ade, the blocked shipments had doubled. There had to be a way to throw them off our trail. I doubted they suspected Ade and I specifically, no one had seen us stop a shipment and lived to tale the tale, and even if they did, we were never recognizable. Still, we didn't want them to even detect anything was out of place. Thwarted shipments were with human trafficking since humans are unpredictable, but the amount of thwarted shipments as of late could draw suspicion. They could never find you unless they started looking, and the fact that all stopped shipments were in the same tri-state-area was a reason to look. So, we needed a distraction.

Which is why I was trying not to throw up in my mouth as I flirted with a wannabe kingpin in yet another club. I was really starting to irritate Ade at this point because he had to see a teenager basically hoeing herself out to someone different every other night. I understood his concern, but in my eyes all those children I had seen, as young as three, had been forced to do so much worse. I thought if they could do all that of course I could fake my feelings for a couple nights to make sure it didn't keep happening. Yet when I explained this all I received was a lecture on how there were "other ways".
There were other ways to do everything, it didn't mean they were better or faster. So there I was, giggling like an idiot while some fucking moron told me he could buy me diamonds as if he wasn't living on borrowed time. Very soon he'd be either imprisoned,broke, or dead, probably the latter. I can't emphasize enough how sick I was of this man. This was my third 'date' with him and I still hadn't gotten any information of significance.

"...So baby girl? Watchu say, lemme take you back to my crib and you can see for yoself?"

"How I know you ain't like the rest of these lying ass men and ain't about to ditch me after you get what you want? "

"Girl you got to know I'm on a whole different level than them niggas. I've been watching you all night and I got this feeling that you and me could really be something, you know? I been alone for a while now and its time for me to settle down. You bad as hell and you know your place. What's not to like?"

"Thank you...alright fine. I hope you don't mind if I go freshen up real quick?"

"Just don't take too long"

As I left he slapped my ass and I actually rolled my eyes so hard it gave me a headache. Some people are so damn annoying, just shut the fuck up already, Jesus. Speaking of annoying people, right before I reached the bathroom, I was tugged not-so-gently by the most annoying person of all. When I faced him he was chuckling and I raised my eyebrows.

"Sorry, sorry. I'm laughing cuz my mind must be playing tricks on me.."

"Ade.."

"Because I know there's no way I just heard what I thought I heard."

"Ade-"

"There's no way in hell your barely legal ass is actually thinking you're bout to go to a kingpin's house alone."

"What do you suggest I do?"

"I suggested we just break in and take the shit like normal people but you always wanna seduce somebody."