13-Metala

Once I took a bite of my sandwich, I set it down and my hand began creeping towards the baconzilla in Ade's hands. If I didn't finesse it soon, it would be gone. When he stopped to sip his drink, I saw my opening and cackled maniacally in my head. Just as my hands almost reached the bun, a burning sensation swept across my knuckled. As my skin began tinging a brownish pink, I realized he smacked my hand away. I looked up and willed tears to well in my eyes.

"Bruh are you seriously crying?" Bobo asked idiotically. No I'm secreting poison from my eyes. I let the tears roll down my cheeks and wobbled my lips.

"Y-you hit me?" I questioned pathetically, resisting a smile as I saw possible concern take over his face.

"Did that actually hurt? I'm sor- wait. You don't cry. You didn't cry when you got kidnapped, why the fuck would you cry over me tapping your hand?" I cackled through a mouthful of bacon as he drew the connection and my fake tears dried. It was too late.

"Thank you for the bite." I voiced sweetly as I handed him back his sandwich and patted his cheek.

"I hate you so much." Bobo grumbled.

"Aw. That's sad. Would be sadder if I cared though." Ade just glared at me and finished his sandwich in two bites. We ended up reaching for the fries at the same time and a finger fight ensued, resulting in my loss purely because he basically had asparagus for fingers. I took a handful and started stuffing my mouth while grabbing a couple chicken fingers. Less than ten minutes later, only the frosty was left. I side eyed Ade and reached for the frosty at the same time he did.

"Let's just split it" he suggested idiotically

"How the fuck we gone do that huh? It's a fucking milkshake."

"Take a spoon dumbass. This half is mine." he drew a stringy ass line through the center with his spoon.

"Bitch it's a liquid the sides will just mush together"

"Aye! Unless you got a better idea shut up."

" Imagine being a fucking computer scientist but not knowing how to divvy up a Wendy's frosty." I muttered

A minute later I noticed an unwelcome spoon crossing in to my territory and did what any logical person would do. 

"Really?" he demanded incredulously, rubbing the forehead I had just slapped.

"What? " I replied innocently. Ignoring how pissed off he was,

"Bet."

Now I was a usually reserved person, although I didn't seem like it around Ade, and enjoyed silence. But now Bobo had cut his eyes at me and ignored my requests for comment for ten minutes straight and began moving the car.

I felt like driving us both off a cliff.

I  rolled my eyes and swung my feet onto his lap, hard. He choked on his saliva and stopped the car, we were still in the parking lot.

"You're crushing my balls."

"There's nothing to crush."

"Nki-"

"Aw you're speaking to me again yay!" I exclaimed as I shifted back in to my seat. 

 I smiled to myself.  As we pulled into the driveway I realized Ximenes was home and immediately performed some of the necessary procedures to make my performance believable. I burst into tears and sobbed as hard as I could, and while Ade looked slightly alarmed, he had become pretty accustomed to the fact that I could adapt any emotion on demand. When I felt my eyes must be puffy enough, I opened the car door and stepped out, glancing back at Bobo. "Well, get out loser." When we entered the house I began sniffling and hicupping and tiptoed upstairs making sure to change every part of my disposition. My shoulders and head -usually raised so high - dropped, and I let go of the confidence in my walk. The second I opened the door, hands closed around my neck and I was slammed to the wall. My blood boiled instinctively but I smiled internally, this was the perfect opening. My lower lip wobbled and I forced tears out of my eyes. Seeing me express emotion threw X off and he dropped me. I took advantage and jumped into his arms, wrapping my legs around him and sobbing into his shoulder.

"I'm so so sorry." I cried.

"What?" X looked beyond confused and I bet Ade was bewildered too but didn't give enough of a fuck to show it.

"I-I couldn't handle the fact that I was falling in love with my kidnapper. All you do is throw me around and treat me terribly but I..I get butterflies in my stomach whenever I look at you. I hoped if I acted mean and pushed you away you'd stop liking me and I could get over you, but it didn't work. I can't stop myself from being in love with you...I just am. I really don't want to be, but I can't help it." I sobbed

"You love me too?"

"Yes, more than anything! I feel guilty because I'm not even mad anymore. I don't want to escape. I'm glad you found me so we could finally be together like we were meant to." Out of the corner of my eye, I saw Ade hold in smirk and speed walk away so he could laugh unseen. Stupid bitch don't have no lines and still can't act for shit. I rolled my eyes internally

"Why'd you run then? Why'd you knock me out?" he questioned.

"I thought you couldn't actually want me so I panicked. I thought you were just going to use me and leave me and my heart couldn't handle that. I l-love you too much. Plus, I'm seventeen. When we get together I want it to be legal. Us to be married. If you truly love me, can't you wait just a little bit longer?" I asked as I batted my eyelashes. I saw the hesitation in X's eyes at the mention of marriage. Which was exactly what I wanted. It bought me more time. With every word I moved my hand further and further down his chest, then finally lifted off, and began to flit away after whispering."Until then, I'd like to sleep in different rooms please." Suddenly I was yanked by my wrist hard enough to bruise and I wondered if he had seen through me. The next thing I knew, lips were pressed against mine and I fought against the anger burning inside me and the desire to kill him. When he finished feeling me up, he spoke.

"Don't ever leave without my permission again. I'm allowing this one slip up. You are mine. You love me, you just haven't realized it yet." he boomed as if his word was law.

"I have realized. I'll never leave. I, I.... love you." Bullshit. After finally being dismissed, I stepped into the foyer and got so nauseous I began dry heaving. When I finally stopped the first thing I saw was Ade. When we had walked far enough he congratulated me on a stellar performance in Yoruba, and I saw genuine surprise in his eyes for the first time when he saw my eyes gleaming with tears, not satisfaction. For the first time in years, I just let myself cry into someone. I cried for the children who were abducted. I cried for myself. I cried for my family. I cried for Ade, his sister, and I cried for what I had become, because there was now no doubt in my mind that if I had the chance, I would kill Ximenes in cold blood. With no remorse.