"Are you new here or something?" I ask her. I don't recognize her face, voice or body.

"No, I've been going here almost as long as you have." She says obviously. Picking her phone up off the ground from where it must have fallen when we fell. She turns it over to see the screen. It's not broken but I can tell it's really scratched up, might as well be cracked she could probably see better on a cracked screen then hers. "Ugh." She sighs and slides it into her back pocket.

"Who are you then?" I ask, extremely curious now.

"I don't see why you would care." She says and starts to walk around me, heading to her class I presume. She walks to the door I was just looking in when I turned the corner.

"Sorry about your phone." I say just before she opens the class door.

"Thanks," she says a little sadly. "Unfortunately sorry doesn't fix it." She opens the door and quietly slips into her class. And like that she's gone. How have I never seen her before?

I change my mind about going to math, I skip my locker for now and speed walk to my math room. I open the door and I can tell that the teacher was just covering a lesson on some of the material or maybe just review or even doing a practice question since he's at the front a bunch of formulas on the board and everyone's eyes glued on me since I so rudely interrupted.

"Look who finally decided to show up to our wonderful class today." The teacher says to both me and the class. " take your seat Mr.Fox." I walk over to where my seat is, right next to my best friend Jason.

"Nice time for you to show up dude. Going over a review question for the test that has been moved up to tomorrow." He whispers to me as I take my seat.

"Are you serious?" I whisper yell at him. Facing him in my chair.

"Afraid so, Dustin. I'm afraid so." She says with a slight smile on his face. He knows I hate surprises especially  ones that I do not want.

The class finished the next two review questions from some package they were given at the beginning of class. After they finish I get one off then teachers desk and take a pencil from the holder on the corner of the desk, since I was in such a rush to get her to talk to Jason I didn't stop at my locker meaning I didn't bring a pencil.

Just as I sit back down and start flipping through the pages of content and questions Jason speaks up.

"So man, why did you decide to come to class? All go well with Kate? Is she hunting you through the halls and this is the only way you could make it alive." He questions a laugh in his voice.I give him a side glare and roll my eyes.

"No, it went fine with her, on my end anyways. She wasn't to happy with it but they never are." I say truthfully. I've hooked up with many girls. We've made out in my car during class I take them over to my place. We hang out and kiss in the halls when we need a release but I never keep one for that long. I see no point. Like toys, I play I get board I want a new one. Now a day those that get involved know the listings of the contact. They know exactly what they are getting themselves into, but since I am the Dustin Fox, richest and hottest guy in school none of them care, as long as they get some time with me even if just for a while. The odd time I have someone like Kate come along, they get a little too attached.

"Then why? Have a sudden change of heart, decide you like it now or something?" He asks viscously erasing some of his work. He takes his baseball cap and turns it backwards on his head so he can better see me.

"I bumped into this girl in the hall..." I start" .. well I kinda tripped and fell onto her but.." I say, looking at what page he was on and flipping to the same question starting to figure it out so he can focus on helping me.

"What did you find your next victim or something?" He asks looking over my shoulder to see what I was doing and how I was getting the solution.

I check my answer by putting the numbers I got into the formulas and then turn my page to Jason so he can see how I did it. "No... yes... maybe... I don't know."

"Oh... I forgot to do that." He says referring to the math question." What do you mean you don't know?"

"She was different" I tell him thinking back to her.

Jason drops his pencil and looks me straight in the eyes. "That's what you always say then you remember you don't do that and dump her ass." He says clearly. And he's right most of the time I do that but this time it's different, really different.

"No dude I'm serious. Like thinking about her makes me get butterflies in my stomach." I say. I catch that this is kinda the regular routine. "Maybe you're right." I say slouching in my chair. "It's just she didn't act like any other girl in this school would."

"How so."

"She didn't freak out when she saw it was me. She just acted normal." I say stumped as to what I'm feeling right now.

"Maybe she's new, doesn't know about you and your rep?" He suggests

I shake my head," no I asked. If she was new, she said she's been going here a while. She must know of me." I say

"Well what's her name?" He asks. Her name, yeah that would be a good thing to know about her.

"I don't know."