Chapter 7: Storming around

Start from the beginning

Mate? Mate! MATE!!! It's our mate! Raagen barked, furiously digging his snout into the snow in which he was convinced she had laid in. To his bitter disappointment the cinnamon and maple scent was fast being covered by the fresh falling snow. He snarled in frustration, pawing the new layers away but it was no use. She was gone as suddenly as she came.

Raagen allowed his human to come forward and shift. The frustrated Alpha walked towards the nearest shed in which he quickly covered himself. He stormed towards the palace, entering through one of the back doors, slamming it open without a care. A few gossiping maids jumped back at the sudden intimidating presence and immediately dissolved into a fit of bashful giggles at the sight of his bare snow sprinkled chest. He rolled his eyes at the scent of their arousal and didn't even stop to apologize before heading towards his temporary space.

Frank, your Luna is in this fucking palace, right this fucking minute, he growled opening the link to his Beta. I want a list of every damn female in here in under a minute.

Seriosly?! Oh shit man! Congratulations! his Beta answered enthusiastically. Oh I gotta tell Annie! But wait...you don't know who she is?

I caught her scent but she was gone when I reached it, he recollected bitterly, the snow covered it.

Okay, don't worry i'll get you that list. You'll know every nanny, teenager and baby girl in here in a minute. With that the link was cut off and he'd finally reached his room. The size of this place was a serious inconvenience.

As soon as he slammed the door shut he felt another link being opened and knowing who it was asked first, What is it Opal? Now's really not a good time.

Woah chill wolfy. I'm just reminding you that dinner's in thirty. I've been trying to reach you for ages but you were too far to link, Opal answered in a light tone but kept her usually sharp tongue on guard sensing her Alpha's pissy mood even over the link. Well she tired to hold her tongue back. So what's got you pissed, sugarbuns?

You'll be informed later, he replied shortly before blocking her. Goddess knows how many questions she'll unleash upon him otherwise.

He headed toward the flashy bathroom and took a quick shower, evading all thoughts about the possibility of marking his mate as soon as he had her in his arms even though Raagen was being persistent. He dried himself speedily before getting into a troublesome tux in record time, wanting to get to this dinner fast if there was even the remote possibility of just catching her scent. Goddess he was addicted to it. Craving it like a druggies next fix. Just the memory of it was torturing him so much so that he couldn't even bother looking presentable. He walked out of his room to find his sharply dressed Beta and Beta-Female waiting for him outside.

"Umm...Alpha...not to sound rude of course...but I don't think bare feet are in style this season." Annabeth commented snorting at the disheveled Alpha.

"Give him a break Annie," Frank said pulling the blonde's green clad body closer to him in affection, "he's probably growing crazy up there," he finished, tapping his best friend's head mockingly.

Said bestfriend slapped his Beta's hand before storming into his room again. A minute later he was back again with his feet covered. With a minor technicality that had Annabeth guffawing.

"Uh, buddy, you switched your left and right" Frank pointed out a little worriedly (but more amused than anything), pointing at the distressed shoes. His Alpha was always in control and his organization skills were a little scary, so this was a surprise. If just the scent of his Luna could do this, Frank couldn't wait to see what the sight of her could do.

The Beta couple watched in worried awe as their Alpha's shoulder dropped low in helplessness and he slid to the floor. They followed him, as they always would, arranging their fancy clothes as they sat on the floor across him. He switched the cursed black dress shoes to the right feet, scowling like a child as he did. He then let out a tired sigh and let his head fall back against the wall.

"What if I'm wrong? What if it wasn't her?" he asked with rare vulnerability.

The two Betas looked at each other for a moment in silent conversation before Annabeth leaned forward. She took her Alpha's hands in hers gently and smiled at him in her motherly way, "Look, Alpha boy, you are the strongest person we know and I admit this is kinda scaring us. But guess what? We're gonna be with you right through it all. Well we won't be there for the baby making and all but you get my jizz right? And even if she's there or if she's not, you've still got us. Sam back at home, Opal and of course Raagen. Plus I don't think Raagen would mistake his mate fore someone or something else now would he?"

The Alpha bowed his head to her in thanks before pushing himself off the floor. He was going to approach this calmly. Selene had finally blessed him with a mate and he would protect and care fore her until his dying breath.

"Let's go to dinner then, shall we?" Frank grinned manically, jumping in excitement to see the drama go down.