Chapter 5: Battles and Shopping

"Okay so what you're saying is in a weeks time the Court is being held and I need to make shopping my priority?" I asked staring at my Beta incredulously from the head position in the meeting room. And when I say meeting room I mean my bedroom and the head position being the middle of my bed with my top three plopped around me. Yeah we're a lazy bunch at times.

"Well he sorta does have a point," Seinna added in adjusting her head on her mate's lap to turn towards me, "the Court is all about image, the balls need extravagant dresses, the dinners need sophisticated attire and I'm pretty sure silk pj's are compulsory." We all snorted at that, looking at my oversized cotton shirt and sweats.

"I think you should prioritize your training. You've been away for a long time and you'll need it if your going to face more than a few sexist Alpha boys." Collins frowned looking like he wanted to bash someone's head in.

"Col, darling, what exactly do you think I've been doing when I was away?" I asked batting my eyelashes at him innocently.

"Um, lot's of paperwork?" he replied tentatively, glancing at Ray who was trying hard not to smile.

I silently stood up, walking towards the balcony. I opened the doors and walked into the summer air breathing it in. "I'm waiting Collins" I called without looking back. I heard some shuffling before Collins scent increased as he walked towards me followed by the other two. When he was sufficiently close enough I took a deep breath and sprinted towards the railing. I ignored their shouts as I flipped over the edge, flashing them a wolfish grin as I fell. I stretched my body as I fell past the four stories, enjoying the adrenaline shooting through me as the hot summer air rushed past me. I crouched my feet as the ground neared, landing as silently as a cat, as my body gracefully absorbed the impact. I glanced up, beckoning my Gamma with my index finger, flashing my canines in a challenge. He immediately lost the awed look in his face, stepping away from the balcony. My Beta and Gamma female shot me twin grins of  excitement for the awaiting battle. I cracked my neck, stretching my muscles as I waited for my Gamma to build up his courage. The poor wolf was going to get humiliated in front of his mate, but oh well he doubted his alpha, the consequences now awaited him. I only kept contact with Ray when I was away, so I understood why Collins was questioning my current strength. What he didn't understand was that old routines were hard to give up, no matter how torturous they were, and that I had maintained every ounce of my strength and gained more while I was in Browning. Calvin had set up a training course for me at the side of my mansion and the two of us sparred and battled almost every day. My alpha strength was reduced greatly while I was away so I was a fair challenge to my built protector, who was now being assigned as a pack warrior as we speak. I felt like a proud mama duck, knowing that he was going to come out on top. I mean come on, he was trained by the best.

Just as I was starting to think my Gamma had chickened out, a shadow fell over me, and I quickly jumped to my left as Collins landed with a thud, and a grunt. I gave him a mocking impressed look before crouching and snarling at him. The time for fooling around was over, I needed to gain back my Gamma's confidence in me. He mimicked my position and the two of us circled each other,  assessing our opponent. The only sounds besides our growling was the heavy breaths of our friends as they watched in anticipation.

 Getting impatient, Collins swung a fist at my jaw. I ducked and swung my right fist towards his stomach. My Gamma veered right with impressive speed but my fist still graced his side. Ignoring his pain, Collins swiped his foot under me, making me jump to avoid face planting. During the split second of my jump, I flipped my self over Collins head, reaching back with my hands to grab his shoulders. With fistfuls of his shirt, I lifted him off and threw him over my head as I landed. Collins went flying, but landed in crouching position, turning towards me with a shocked face. The move I had pulled off took me years to perfect. Daddy dear wasn't too happy with that with 9 year-old me. I placed my hands on my hips, cocking them to the side in semi-victory, lifting my eyebrows at my Gamma impatiently.