54. Jealousy

I could feel their eyes narrowing at me, trying to see what am I really the King's mate

I could feel their eyes narrowing at me, trying to see what am I really the King's mate. I was shaking internally through all their staring but I maintained a strong posture. My head was high with my shoulders and back straight, I met their eyes with confidence. And this was the right thing to do as all of them cracked a smile or a nod.

Silas nodded at Eros approvingly while Eros' eyes showed happiness and pride. The only one who didn't seem to have any positive look was the tall one, Caleb.

"Now honey, you can go get some rest, we will meet again soon," Maggie told me sweetly. I nodded at them.

Eros and I walked to our room which was on the other side of the mansion.

"They all seemed pretty good" I commented.

Eros nodded and said "They are, I am glad you liked them. They have been helping us for a long time and proved themselves as trustworthy." while I simply nodded at him in reply.

"I also want you to meet Grace, she was the one who took care of me after my parents died," Eros told me.

"Okay, I would love to meet her" I smiled.

We reached our room, as he had already asked me whether it was from with me to sleep in the same room with him.

The room was huge to say in the least. The bed was a bed bigger than the king bed, I have seen on TV. The walls were cream in color with one of them being a dark blue, popping in amidst the cream walls. There was a study, a big-screen TV. But my favorite features of the room were the balcony, bathroom, and big shelf of books beside the small couch opposite to the fireplace.

"This place is amazing," I said in awe after I finally could remove my eyes from the surroundings.

Eros grabbed my hand which I retracted so that I could walk around the room." I did some changes to make this room more welcoming, I am glad you liked it" he confessed almost embarrassingly. I kissed his cheek suddenly and then ran to the bed and lay on it.

Eros chuckled and joined me. After just laying around and talking about all the possible things. We finally decided to get ready for the dinner which would be shared with all the packs. I am going to meet the whole pack for the first time and to say I am nervous would be an understatement. I decided to wear a simple white dress with my blonde hairs in a ponytail and a little bit of makeup, I was good to go.

Seeing my fidgeting, Eros sighed and faced me "Baby, you have nothing to be nervous about, everyone will love you. No would be able to resist your charm, don't worry. And so stop fidgeting" he said playfully the last sentence. I forced myself to be calm.