27. Veronica

"Wake up, Mia," someone said gently and I felt a kiss on my nose

"Wake up, Mia," someone said gently and I felt a kiss on my nose. I smiled a bit but didn't wake up. I heard a melodious chuckle. And then another kiss on my right eye "Wake" a kiss on my left eye "Up " a kiss on lips "Mia"

I slowly opened my eyes and saw Eros hovering over me with a smile on his handsome face. I smiled at him and said "That's one way to wake me up " he just chuckled and kissed my nose again, then gently pushed me to take a bath.

I was reading a good classic book when Eros came into the room with a huge smile. I smiled back.

"What happened, Eros?" I asked when he was still smiling.

"She is coming home today." he declared happily. And because of some reason, I got jealous when he smiled because some female is coming. I try to shook that feeling, but it wasn't going anywhere.

"Come, she has arrived," he said excitedly. He held my hand and we went down just as we reached down,  a small figure suddenly hit Eros.

The figure was of a small girl who didn't look older than 8 years. She was still hugging Eros and then she squealed excitedly "Eros " which he responded with "Vera"

After a minute they pulled back and he carried her and looked at me.

"Mia, meet my little sister, Veronica.  Vera, meet my mate, Amelia." he introduced. I remembered he had talked about her. But where was she this whole time, I wondered.

She had the same big green eyes but her hairs were blond in color. She looked adorable with a light pink frock and a ponytail.

She looked at me and smiled shyly. I smiled hugely at her. Eros put her down and she hugged his legs.

"Hi, Veronica. I'm Amelia" I said.

She just murmured a quiet 'hello'.

"You have such a pretty name. " I complimented her. "Will you be my friend?" I asked her gently. She nodded her head and removed her arms and face which was hugging Eros' leg.

"You want to be my friend? " she asked slowly and gently which I replied with a smile and nod. Then she surprised me by running into my arms and hugging me. I hugged her back and kissed her adorably chubby cheek.

She pulled back and smiled hugely at me, then turned to Eros and said "Look, Eros, I made a new friend and she is so pretty"

"She is indeed very pretty" Eros agreed with her which made blush risen on my cheeks and he kissed it making it more brighten.

"Will you play with me?" she asked me.

"Of course" I replied and in return, she smiled. "You go, I'll come. I just had to talk to your brother" she nodded in reply and went.

"What do you want to talk about, sweetheart?" He asked me as we sat on the counter after walking into his kitchen.

"Where was Veronica, all this time?"

"She was with my grandma in a town outside our territory"

"Why was she over there?" I asked curiously.

"My grandma missed her and as I'm quite busy I cannot give her a lot of time, so a lot of the time she spends her time over there" he explained to me.

"Okay. Eros, what about your parents, you haven't mentioned them?"

He suddenly became sad and then answered "They are dead"

I gasped and said "I'm so sorry. I didn't know" and then wrapped my arms around him. And he did the same and inhaled my scent which I learned had a calming effect on him.

"It's okay," he said.

"Okay. I'm going to Veronica's room. If you need my help in anything just call for me." I said and pecked his cheek.

I asked some pack members as I have learned that they are called pack members who live in this house with Eros. He directed me to Veronica's room.

When I reached it, I knocked it and peeked inside and said "Hey" and walked inside.

"Hello" she replied and asked "Can we play with my barbie? " she asked excitedly. I nodded.

She handed me one of her Barbie and told me to comb her hair and change her clothes. I obliged.

For an hour we have been playing and talking with each other. She shared with me how alone Eros was before, her likes, dislikes, anything, and everything. To which I did the same. At the end of an hour, she warmed up to me a lot which I was very happy about.

After a while, she seemed tired so I told her to pack her things and promised her that I will play with her again.

Just as I was about to go out, I saw Eros leaning against the door with a grin and proud look in his eyes.

"How long were you standing here?" I asked him after I reached him.

"Long enough to see that my sister and mate are getting along real good and also to see how good you are with children," he said proudly.

I blushed in reply and together we walked to our room.

-------------
Short, I know. I was having a writer's block and sorry for the longing wait.

I want to tell you all that if you need someone to talk or rant to, you can pm me anytime. I would love to help or talk to you and maybe we could become friends.

Thankyouu for reading. If you liked this chapter please hit the little star to vote and share your views by commenting on them. I love you all