Breaking China

Not long after that, after spending many years in school with the other children, coming and going until their parents considered them ready for marriage, or simply to old and time for them to start work. Many of the older children left over the period of time. Thus it should have been no surprise that someone else would leave.

The first person that left school that Hana knew rather well was her own older brother Nashini. One day, he simply didn't come, much to the irritation of Shirezu. It wasn't so much that the twin she saw at school expected him to be at school... actually, Nashini had the habit of skipping. It was more along the lines that Shirezu didn't know what his brother would be doing. In fact, their parents hadn't even known he quit.

It started with a complaint from their mother and father, that they had been asked by the teacher why Nashini wasn't coming and if he had been told to find work as his parents felt he was too old. They both hadn't chosen to make him go towards finding one, despite the fact that many of his friends already had. They simply let him carry on as he did.

It then came down to Shirezu tracking down his older brother, upon request of their parents. His mind fell into distraction, so much so he ended up not noticing Hana following behind him, her curiosity getting the better of her. The young man asked around and then found out that Nashini found a job hauling things for the local venders.

He then asked where he could find his brother and that led him, with Hana following along, to the local place where men gathered to drink sake. Irritation and anger spread across the young man's face as he stormed into the place. "Nashini!" The small female followed in his footsteps, a few of the patrons laughing as she followed. "Nashni!"

Their brother sat yacking at some of the older men, laughing at simply talking. He glanced up in irritation. "What do you want?"

"Mother and father... could you at least have told them what you've been up too?" Shirezu snapped out.

"And then I would have had to give my hard earned money to them to help with the house, not that they need it. They aren't senile." Nashini stated, taking a drink.

"Nashini... your responsibilities..." The twin found himself interrupted.

"You're one to talk about responsibilities, when you brought Hana into this place." This statement from the eldest Kamoku sibling caused Shirezu to spin around and then grab Hana and haul her out of the room.

"Hana!" Shirezu's hand was around her wrist tightly. "Hana, don't you ever come around this place again, even if mother and father ask you to come find Nashini. Come get me instead, do you understand?"

"Not really." The answer was truthful.

"Stay away from here." The male repeated.

M

Not long after that, the teacher got up in front of the classroom, a smile on her face. "I have some very good news, for those who have not heard yet." Many of the students looked at her quite bored. "Every so often, one of our own ends up leaving to join the shinigami academy." Hana found herself surprised that the class perked up. "So, today is the last day Hinamori Momo will be joining us."

At that, Momo took a quick bow. Glancing back at Hitsugaya Toshiro, one could see he was not pleased with the idea of his sister figure leaving for the academy, but everyone else in the class became excited. One of the older girls not yet left spoke up. "Hinamori, you are so lucky to be able to go and join the academy."

Another spoke up, smirking as he did so. "Be sure to come and visit us. Don't forget us little folk."

"Hinamori wouldn't do that." Another girl laughed.

Rin hurried up to the girl. "I want to be able to go to the academy like you, Momo sempai!"

"Me too." Mitsuyo stated. While the friendship wasn't as good as it used to be, they still spoke with each other. Hinamori beamed at both of them.

Shirezu though frowned as he watched everyone, irritation written all over his face. At the recess time, he got up and started heading home. Hana ran after him. "Shirezu! Where are you going!"

"There is something I need to do." That was all he said. When they got to the house, his twin smiled meekly at them and greeted them. Shirezu spoke quick and fast. "Hita, switch with me for the afternoon part of class."

"This is, kind of a bit unexpected." The young man frowned, confusion written all over his face.

"Today is the last day Hinamori Momo is going to be a part of the class." His twin pushed forward, his voice demanding.

"What do you mean?" Hita's face paled for some odd reason.

"Momo-chan is going to the academy." Hana spoke up, watching as the sickly twins face twisted, almost as if he was pained.

Glancing down at the ground, he spoke up. "Don't worry about it, Shirezu."

"What do you mean don't worry about it?" The other twin became rather irate. "I know that you like her. "This is your last chance, you idiot!"

"No, this isn't my last chance. It isn't a chance at all." Hita simply stood up, heading into the house. "What good would confessing do now?"

"Hita and Toshiro-kun don't like the fact Momo-chan is leaving, do they?" Hana asked, looking up at her brother. Shirezu could only give her a weak smile, frustration written all over his face.