Crumbling like pastries (18)

Start from the beginning

Realizing that I wouldn't be seeing Liam made me feel like a part of me was gone. He'd cheer me up when I was sad and always encourage me to be a better me. He was a great friend who didn't even deserve this. 

I slowly lifted my head up from him and gave Zayn a quick kiss. 

"Lets go." He whispered as he intertwined our fingers. 

I nodded as he led me to the front of the house where Harry was waiting. We walked towards the car and drove to the Brunch place. 

"Good day mates." Louis greeted as we sat down with them. "It's been a while." 

"I guess you can say that." Zayn said as he slightly nodded. 

"I'm so hungry right now." Niall said as he leaned back into his chair. "I haven't ate since last night." 

"Niall we have to wait til Liam gets here." Louis replied. 

"I guess your right." Niall agreed. 

Harry shook his head. "Erm, Louis it's not funny. Stop making stupid jokes, yeah?"

"I have no idea what's happening with you three. Did you watch some sad movie last night?" Louis asked curiously. 

Zayn and Harry remained quiet. My eyes turned to Niall as he's phone vibrated "It's Liam." Niall chimed. "He just texted."

Are they honestly going to continue on with this nonsense? This is our best friend we are talking about. I looked out the window and began to block out their nonsense conversation about it. I looked at the menu but all I could hear is Niall and Louis. 

"I'm leaving." I said as I got up. 

I noticed I said that a bit too loud. I didn't want to turn around to seeing the whole diner staring at me. Way to cause attention to yourself Belle. 

"Excuse me will you control yourself." A lady yelled from across the room. 

"Fuck you." I yelled back without thinking. 

Someone tapped my shoulder. I slowly looked back and it was just the manager. She pointed at the door. 

"Eat without me." I heading towards the door. 

I sat outside on the bench. I brought my knees to my chest and rested my head on it. I should really watch what I say. Bad timing for everyone, nothing ever goes my way. 

"Is everything alright?" A boy asked me as he grabbed his arm around me. 

"Fuck off, who do you think you are." 

"What's this foul language about?" He asked with his soft voice. 

I froze for a minute realizing that the person sounded a lot like him. I didn't want to look at the person next to me. It seemed to good to be true. I felt the heat in my eyes. Tears beginning to form and drip down my eyes. 

"Are you crying Belle?" 

I turned my head slightly to see Liam with an confused expression. I began to tear even more. I wrapped my arms around him and began to cry against the material of his sweater. He didn't say a word to me. I hoped this wasn't an illusion. I took a deep breath and looked at him. 

"You're alive." I said nearly breathlessly. 

"I've been in the hospital." He said as he nodded. "I'm okay. The doctors said I've been overly exhausted ad told me to relax. I'm getting better though."

I shook my head in disbelief. That can't be true. This can't be true. Am I living a lie? How on earth? I wiped my tears. 

"Your mom told me you were dead last night. She called me a six." I said.