✿ n i n e t e e n ✿ : E N D

t a e h y u n g

It's been 2 years since the rooftop incident that has been imprinted in my mind.

My memory of it was hazy, but it definitely left its mark in my memory.

The haunting gunshots, the screams, the smell of smoke...

I'd gone through a lot, but it was all okay.

For I had Jungkook beside me all the way. Healing has been a long journey and to be honest, I don't think we're even close to the end.

"Hey, what's on your mind?" Jungkook asked, looking at me in the eyes.

I glanced at him, sat on the ground next to a suitcase full of clothes.

"Nothing," I said, followed by a sigh. I got off the bed and went to help him pack.

"Did you pack the sunblock yet?" I asked, folding a white shirt that belonged to him.

"Oh, no I haven't," he said, pausing his actions. "I'll just pack it later."

I said okay, but told him not to forget.

Suddenly, we heard a soft knock on the door.

"Come in," I said, standing up to go get some jeans.

It was Hoseok.

"Hey, you guys almost done?" He asked, followed by a laugh induced by glancing at the messy state of the room.

"Hey! Don't laugh," Jungkook said with a playful pout on his lips, folding his arms over his chest.

I giggled and threw a pair of jeans at his face.

"That's what you get for being so adorable," I joked. Hoseok scrunched his nose in fake digust.

"Alright, I get it, you guys are in love. Now quit it." He rolled his eyes but with a small smile on his lips and walked away.

As soon as he was gone, I sighed, bringing the folded jeans from the cupboard to where Jungkook was sitting.

"What's wrong?" Jungkook asked with a frown on his face, bringing my forehead to his lips to kiss it softly.

I climbed onto his lap and leaned the back of my head against his chest, all the while still folding clothes.

"I just... feel so bad for Hoseok. He's been through so much."

"You've been through a lot, too," Jungkook pointed out.

"But he lost his best friend, and he had to witness it. He still feels bad for what he did to me, you know? And seeing me and you together..."

I trailed off, never completing my sentence. Jungkook knew about Hoseok having a crush on me at the time. Of course, all of that was over, but those are just one of the things that will never leave your mind.

"Tae, it's not your fault we're together, okay? So don't beat yourself up over it." He ruffled my hair softly and wrapped his arms around my chest.

I felt the heat rise up to my cheeks. No matter how long we've been together for, I doubt I'd ever stop blushing over small things like this.

"Plus, isn't that other guy going camping with us too?" He asked. "I don't remember his name, though."

I giggled. "You're never good with names."

"Hey!" He said with fake hurt in his tone, tickling my sides.

I laughed and rolled off his lap, trying to avoid him. He chased after me as I ran around the room, laughing.