✿ t w e l v e ✿

Picture © to MadeIn1997

t a e h y u n g

I was packing my school bag for the next day when Jungkook's ringtone went off.

"Hello?"

I slipped my sketchbook into my bag along with my pencil case filled with just drawing supplies.

"Alright, alright. I'll be over," Jungkook said, standing up from the bed and slinging a bag over his shoulder.

He ended the call and sighed, sending me a worried look.

"Will you be okay on your own?" He asked. "I gotta go to Yugyeom's. Something happened."

I nodded with uncertainty. I wasn't really comfortable staying here alone, especially with Hoseok.

But if Yugyeom needs help and I refuse to let Jungkook go, Jungkook could lose his only chance at making a friend other than me.

"Come back early, alright?" I said, standing up from my crouching position and kissing him on the cheek.

He smiled. "I'll try my best." And returned the kiss before exiting the room quietly.

I quickly locked the door behind him and ran to the bed, ducking under the covers.

Time to watch a movie by myself, I guess. I took my laptop from the bedside table and opened it, selecting a movie out of the hundreds that Jungkook had downloaded.

It was a horror movie — over favourite genre.

Well, Jungkook's favourite genre. He never got scared, but I did. And when I did, I would cuddle up against him to seek for protection.

And he would laugh at my reaction, bringing me closer to him by wrapping his arm around my shoulder and rubbing it soothingly.

Now, I could only hug my pillow in fear. But it wasn't the same. It was cold, and it wasn't Jungkook.

I sighed.

After a series of tossing and turning but failing to fall asleep despite the thick fatigue in me.

It's all because of fear. The horror movie left me shivering and no one was here to calm me down. It was a bad idea.

I muttered a string of profanities and stood up from my bed.

I stretched my limbs, going out of the room.

I walked as quietly as I could to the small balcony outside.

The chilly night wind blew softly, making me shiver a little. I leaned against the railing, looking at the scenery.

The balcony was facing a huge courtyard where most students would hang out during the day.

Now, it was peacefully quiet and empty, save for a few students taking a walk together or alone.

I stared at a supposed couple. They were laid down on the grass, staring at the night sky above.

Sure, there weren't many stars in the sky tonight, but they still had smiles plastered against the faces as the girl snuggled up to the boy, giggling.

I felt a pang of jealousy. I wish Jungkook was here.

I'd been so lost in thought that I didn't notice Hoseok sneaking beside me, leaning against the railings as well with a cup of milk in his hand.

"Nice night, huh?" He asked. I jumped and moved slightly further away from him.