✿ n i n e ✿

j u n g k o o k

Even though people clouded my vision and endless sounds rang in my ears, the only thing I could focus on was my worryingly fast heartbeat and the sound of my foot hitting the pavement as I ran.

God, please, wherever Taehyung is, let him be safe.

I panted, aware that I was running out of breath.

However I continued to push past civilians and ran.

I didn't know exactly where I was going, but if I just kept running, maybe I'd see him.

Just keep running, you already lost time back at the dorms.

Spending 5 minutes barging into Taehyung and Yoongi's room only to be told by Yoongi — a fucking asshole, by the way — with a smug smile that Taehyung had ran off already.

So yes, I was now running in the city, at 11pm, looking for my...

My brain stopped functioning. What was I to him?

Did I even matter?

I pushed those thoughts aside and continued sprinting.

Even if I was worth less than a speck of dirt to him, he was the world to me.

Whenever he was there, he'd be the only thing I'd care about, the only thing I saw.

He's the one that gets my heartbeat racing, and the reason why my mouth curves into a smile.

He was the only one who truly liked me for who I was, and accepted me for me. The only one who understood myself more than I would ever.

And so I ran.

I pushed the glass door open, hearing the small jingle of a bell and a warm and genuine "welcome".

I shook my head and let the small droplets of water fall onto the carpet.

I ran my fingers delicately through my hair, found myself presentable and walked up weakly to the counter.

"Hello, sir. How may I help you?" A boy, probably not over 18, asked me with a small smile.

"Do you have banana milk?" I asked, not looking at the menu as I took a moment to catch my breath.

The boy looked at me questioningly and stifled a giggle.

"I can go check for you," he said anyway. A few moments later, he came back with a steaming cup of milk.

"You're lucky. My boss is feeling generous today and told us to heat it up for you." He placed it on the counter and pushed it towards me, smiling. "That'll be $2.99"

I dug into my pockets and fished out the money. After that, I took a seat at the table near the windows.

It was relatively empty and quiet, so I could only hear the soft music playing with the sound of rain drowning it out.

I watched as the raindrops rolled down the window, sometimes stopping to combine with other raindrops before rushing to the bottom.

Just then, I heard soft footsteps and a familiar voice saying "thank you".

I whipped my head around and locked eyes with Taehyung, only to see him turn pale.

He quickly ran out of the shop without a word.

"Shit," I cursed softly. I quickly downed my drink, ignoring the burning feeling on my tongue and in my throat before running out of there.

I followed the mop of blonde hair that ran down the street, yelling after him despite the weird looks I was receiving.