✿ t h i r t e e n ✿

t a e h y u n g

For being in the same university as the same person who wishes I was dead, my life's been pretty good.

A little sleep deprived from all the extra work I had to do because of missing a few days class (and my injured arm), but I didn't mind.

Everything's been going fine, except for the thick tension in the air created by Jungkook and Hoseok.

I frowned as the thought came into mind. I wasn't even sure how it happened.

Angry about that and the fact that I couldn't think of anything else to write for the essay I had to hand in in 3 days for my creative writing class.

I groaned in frustration just as a pair of arms came from behind and wrapped me in a small embrace.

"What's up?" Jungkook asked, nuzzling his face into my shoulder. His arms were draped over my chest, and his hair was tickling my shoulder.

I sighed in content, turning my head to kiss his head.

"Just an assignment," I said. It wasn't a lie, but it wasn't the total truth either.

"I can help, if you'd like?" He offered, turning his head to look up and place his chin on my shoulder.

His face was now directly in front of mine, and his lips were inches away... I blushed and looked away, causing him to giggle.

"I'm fine on my own," I lied.

"Mhm, sure. Whatever you say, TaeTae," he said, followed by a light chuckle.

Just then, the door opened slightly.

We whipped our heads around to see Hoseok peeping in cautiously.

When he caught sight of me, he smiled and pushed the door open further. I returned the smile.

However, Jungkook had a scowl etched on his face. Hoseok noticed and returned the gesture.

"Hey Hoseok, what's up?" I asked, ignoring the glaring contest that was going on between them.

"Nothing, Tae. Just wanted to check on you—"

"Since when was that your concern? He's fine with me—"

"I don't remember talking to you."

I had enough.

"Guys! What the fuck has gotten into both of you?" I yelled, causing them both to stare at me now, but alas ignoring me as they went on with their banter.

"Well I don't remember him asking you to check on him—"

"Friends don't need to tell each other to check on them. Well, I guess you wouldn't know, since you don't have any."

Jungkook's cheeks were starting to turn red. From embarassment or anger, I didn't know. Possibly both. I grabbed his wrist softly and tried to soothe him. It didn't work. He didn't even glance at me.

"I do have friends, for your fucking information—"

"Taehyung does not count as a friend and Yugyeom is just one person—"

"How do you know I don't have more?"

"Based on your high school reputation that Yoongi has told me all about. If it's true, and I'm sure it is, you had zero friends as soon as Taehyung left."

"Hoseok that's enough!" I yelled. It wasn't Jungkook's fault. If anything, it was mine. He was my friend, and no one wanted to have anything to do with me, and as a result, amything to do with him either.