✿ s i x t e e n ✿

^ © to the owner of the picture

j u n g k o o k

I ran to my dorm as fast as my legs could carry me. They were burning, but that only made me run faster.

I was thankful for Yugyeom, who was right behind me, for not asking any questions, because I didn't think I'd be able to answer them.

My feet slowed to a stop as I arrived at my block. Everyone was being ushered out of the building, and it seemed like no one was allowed back in.

Firefighters and police had already arrived at the scene, trying to calm everyone down, though it was a bit of a challenge.

I stood on my toes, searching for Taehyung amidst the crowd.

Yugyeom had gone to a policeman, possibly asking what had happened.

The policeman merely told him to step aside while they controlled the situation.

He rushed back to me and shouted, "Have you found him?"

"No," I yelled back. There were so many people, so I had no choice but to weave my way through the crowd.

"Call me if you find him!" I yelled to Yugyeom. He nodded before rushing off to another side.

I kept bumping into people, who weren't too bothered as they were either too focused on the blazing flames or talking into their phone.

"Taehyung!" I yelled. No answer. No one spared me a glance.

I yelled again, louder.

And that's when I noticed a boy talking to the police, holding a damp towel in his hand.

Hoseok.

"Hoseok!" I yelled, making my way to him.

He didn't respond, most likely because he couldn't hear me over the commotion.

When I finally got to him, I placed my hand on his shoulder, turning him around.

He had soot all over his face, and a few burn marks here and there.

He must've noticed my expression, because he smiled softly at me.

"I'm fine. I'll get cleaned up after I talk to—"

"I'm glad," I said genuinely. "I truly, truly am, hyung. But where's Tae?"

I caught a flicker of an emotion I couldn't identify in his eyes, but he simply said, "Tae? He wasn't with me."

By the tone Hoseok was using, I couldn't tell if he was lying or telling the truth.

I raised my eyebrows in confusion. "Then where is he?"

He looked down, unable to meet my eyes. The policeman patted Hosoek's shoulder.

"He's probably a little traumatized, kid. It's not the best time to ask him so many questions. You can talk later, okay?"

Before I could protest, the policeman brought Hoseok to an ambulance where a nurse was seemingly waiting for Hoseok with a patient smile.

I stared at him. Something was definitely wrong.

If Taehyung wasn't with him, where was he?

My thoughts were interrupted as Yugyeom suddenly grabbed me by my shoulder and turned me around.

"Did Hoseok say anything?" He asked. Sweat trickled down his forehead, and I noticed his breathing had quickened.

I shook my head, looking at the floor in dismay.