Chapter 18

Lixar is rewarded a room next to the library in the Moon Tower to reside within. I know because... well... I watch him from the outside of the tower... Holden was on a lunch break... so I got away with scaling the outside. I was peeping on my captor's cousin by edging up to the window, clasping onto strong vines, half way up the tower.

Lixar had been escorted into this guest room, fully furnished and freshly cleaned. He sits on a single bed, his hand upon an old chest they had delivered to him. Personal belongings... I assumed.

I watch him as he contemplates opening it... but after twenty minutes pass, Lix can't make himself do it. He sighs dramatically and glances up to see me watching him with narrowed eyes.

"...I've sensed you spying on me the last half hour," Lix growls.

"Rey said you eat people," I mention from outside, holding onto a vine, I lean in further and then jump through the opening. I sit back on the stone ledge and cross my legs under me.

I'm wearing my silver outfit now, transparent... my silver ribbons along the souls of my feet. My usual attire.

"Well," Lixar tilts his head and goes silent when he sees how visible my tits are. He looks... uncomfortable... and then assesses me up and down.

"How old are you?" I ask.

"How old are you?" he fires back.

"19 winters," I hope for the trade to work.

"290 winters," Lixar explains back, "By the look of surprise on your face I assume Zarcar never told you he was 290 winters as well."

"Impossible –"

"Impos- ?" Lixar scoffs loudly, "A demon Dragon lives inside us, I eat people, Rey's immortal, Andoll's a Split Soul... how is it impossible, Chyronex?" Lixar grasps onto a rude attitude I don't expect to hear.

I thought he had liked me, generally. Now I get the sense that he is growing to hate me too, just like his cousin.

"What does a Venatores do?" I ask.

"We hunt... if Zarcar has not told you any of this by now..." Lix trails off, becoming more enraged at the thought of Zar.

"What happened between you two?" I blurt out.

I was desperate for answers and I was sick of being in the dark. Lix was so free with his speech, so I intended to take advantage of it.

"Zar and me? We were taken hostage by Rey as children, straight from Zarcar's eldest brother's protection; Torrent. He has been held at bay since we've been taken. Rey, back then... a bastard demon's son, was nobody... but he was powerful and angry... he harbours a kind of fury I've never seen before," Lixar explains.

"Why are you telling me all this? Zarcar keeps secrets... you... you share knowledge. Freely!" I smile, hoping he smiles back. He doesn't.

Lixar looks me up and down again, trying not to scoff twice.

"...no wonder," he eventually murmurs, "You speak like a babe fresh out of the womb. What's this, what's that – do you truly know nothing?"

"You are being needlessly rude to me!" I snarl back.

"Did my cousin stick his cock in you?" Lixar asks, raising a brow, "I wouldn't put it past a young Draconess to get caught up in some Mystifying cock," when I gasp, Lixar coughs and rasps out, "Don't blind yourself, kid."

"You need to bathe and somebody to eat before you talk to me about who I am... you don't even know me," I hate him!

Lixar was so damn mean!