Issue #67: Blood Roses [Part One]...a Supernatural TLN Sequel

Start from the beginning

He walked forward, and took something from his pocket, the switchblade opened and Kevin cringed as Edgar drew closer.

“Edgar, don’t scare the boy,” Dick Roman mused while Kevin closed his eyes with fear, imagining he was anywhere but there. The Leviathan mused and Edgar raised his eyebrows, cutting the ties on his hands, throwing them onto the table.

Kevin looked at Dick Roman in surprise. “You know, I’ve checked, Kevin. Number one in your class, winner of the Chad Kennedy Top at the Science Fair Prize, all on top of being Keeper of the Word. You’re a clever young man.” He opened a lap top and turned it towards Kevin. “I’m confident I made the right choice here. Let’s leave this as a negotiation, and I’ll sweeten the pot.” He set a paper down on the table.

“What is it?” Kevin asked quietly, taking the manila envelope.

“Our sources tell me you’re applying to Princeton. A letter of recommendation might sway their decision from a man like me.”

Kevin looked at the piece of paper and shook his head, remembering how only a few days ago college had been the most important thing to him. Now he knew about the Leviathans, their plans, and having met the girls and the Winchesters, he knew the official truth, but back then he had too set into pitying himself, and the fact that he had everything taken from him.

“Did you ever stop to think some people have it worse off than you?” The girl Hope, retorted annoyed, he could have sworn that her eyes shimmer in the darkness. “Everyday people are dying, and also everyday people are all depressed because something in their life didn’t pan out the way they hoped it would! Did you think I planned on hitting the road so I could hunt monsters? In the beginning no, but then I realized no one else was going to do it! You know what’s sad is when the people that are alive the next morning are the ones that still feel they have it worse? Get over yourself and be a man for once in your life.” She had practically growled, her blue eyes daring him to contradict her.

He had been so surprised at that moment, yet she had her points, although he wouldn’t have admitted it to her. No one else was going to help save the world and no one else was going to tell this monster Kevin wouldn’t translate the word of God for him.

After a few moments of thinking he uttered. “I can’t do it.”

“I admire your guts kid, but I still think there’s some wiggle room here.” Dick Roman leaned forward, “Tell you what, let’s see if I can’t kick up a notch, and make you change your mind. Edgar,that live feed up yet?”

Edgar smiled darkly, “Of course,” He pressed a button on the remote for a widescreen television. An Asian woman was sitting bounding to a chair, bound and gagged as a knife was pointed at her throat, tears streamed down her face and Kevin’s heart quickened.

“Mom?” He uttered, scared for her life. “Mom!?”

“Well,” Dick Roman said, “I think this negotiation is completed.” He smiled as tears of worry fell down Kevin’s eyes, “You drive a hard bargain kid.”

Kevin bent his head in defeat, he had to comply, otherwise his mother would die.

*********************************************************************

Sam and Dean stood in a dark alley. I stared at them and focused more on Sam. He was bleeding. Why?

The memory slammed me, he had been attacked by a Hellhound. I watched Dean’s face turn from relief to horror, “HOPE NO!!”