Issue #12: Hunting Accident...a Supernatural TLN Sequel

I had been slowed down another night because some gun-happy idiots thought I was a wolf. I could have had the whole job finished last night had I not been shot at. But I might have been in worse trouble if I confronted the thing with no ways of killing it.

I went to another Diner, I found it after an hour of searching. This place was much friendlier, service and customer wise. I shook my head when I saw the Paranormal Society attempting to play darts.

Paul went to throw it and it ended up in the drywall. I held back a laugh.

“Hey!” The cook shouted at them, “If you can’t aim don’t play!” Paul turned red and sat down next to Steve.

“Don’t you have a brother or something?” I asked, sitting down at a nearby table. I knew that was a stupid question, he had an awesome attractive brother which I had been gawking at the night before. But I wanted to know where he went.

“He went home, he got bored.” Paul said, taking a drink. Couldn't blame him.

A waitress came in between with a notebook and a menu. “Is there anything I can get you honey?”

“Just a glass of water please.” I said and she scoffed. Slapping her notebook closed and she stomped away because the water was free.

“What happened to your arm?” Steve asked, motioning to my arm. I looked at the excessive bandaging and shook my head.

“Just a hunting accident.” I answered, briefly.

“Oh,” They said, waiting for more. I didn’t give them any more details.

“So, are you guys off into the woods tonight?” I asked curiously.

“No,” They answered in unison.

I raised my eyebrows, two guys scared of the forest. Frankly I wasn’t complaining, two less people to get in my way tonight.

“There’s bears,” Steve answered, Paul nodded like an idiot.

“Yes, don’t forget the cougars—” He stammered. The waitress came with a glass of water and in it was ice. I took a sip and sat it up.

“Well, that’s great guys,” I said calmly. “I suppose neither of you have found out anything more on the birds dying?”

“Not really, the guy that they thought got struck by lightning was actually attacked.” Steve answered sadly. “Have you found anything? We’re going on the chupacabra theory.”

I refrained from chuckling at the idea. After all, these two were experts. I refrained from sarcasm.

“The chupacabra huh? I thought those were mainly down in Mexico.”

“Oh, yeah!” Paul said, pretending he knew. “They uh,.. migrate in the summer.”

I laughed, “Okay, boys.” I chuckled. “You have your fun, I’m going to go play in the woods.”

I left them in their shame.