Issue #37: In sync with the devil...a Supernatural TLN Sequel

Tears fell down my face, Bobby was gone…my friend had died. My head pounded from the experience and I had shut all of the curtains and turned on the fan…attempting to feel better. I had text Breanna and she was coming over. My parents were out shopping, leaving the house to me. No sooner than I had text Breanna, Edlund Carver called. He had my phone number from the first time I had called him.

“Is this Hope?” He questioned, his voice distraught.

“I already know what happened to Bobby.”

There was a long pause, he hadn’t’ expected that out of me, “How?”

“Castiel told me. We aren’t exactly on great terms but he let me know what’s going on.”

“What is going on?” He demanded, since I seemed to know more than he did. Carver Edlund did not like being kept in the dark.

“Castiel is a bit distraught that Bobby’s gone and because he can’t get back there either...he thinks its my obligation to get back.”

"Did you tell him to go to hell becuase you aren't going to do anything to help him?" Carver asked.

"No," I replied, "I'm actually considering this."

Breanna showed up later and we found ourselves sitting on the bed. I sat there contemplating. How what I going to find this Knife of Faint? Once I did...how would I use it?"

Then there was another question that I couldn't help, but ask aloud.

“I wonder how Dean and Sam are taking this.”

******************************************************

Sam sat on the edge of a bed. In his hand he held the leather bound sketchbook. Dean was in the other room, probably getting a drink. “I wish you were here.” He said, speaking to the leatherbound sketchbook, the landscape seemed to speak out to him.

“I don’t think we can handle this on our own.”

First Hope, then Bobby. Their whole damn world was falling to pieces. Sam avoided looking to the corner of the room, where he saw the hallucination of Lucifer and his demon wolf of Hope.

The clock ticked, and he could hear the wolfs paws clicking across the floor. Her teeth were bared. The blade wedged in her back and the blood slid down her russet fur. Together, her and Lucifer began to step towards Sam, her paws in sync with the devil.

Sam gripped his slashed hand which he had injured before and pressed tightly. Their apparitions faded, only pain would bring him back to reality.

Once they were gone he leaned back on the bed in relief, deciding he should try and get sleep. Someone should. Dean hadn’t gotten a wink since Bobby died.

****************************************************

Sam and Dean had been through so much, they had everything taken away from them, except for eachother. They knew what the word family meant. Now Bobby was gone, and he was the equivalence of their father. I couldn't imagine what I would do if my own dad died.

My eyes narrowed. I had to do something. I couldn’t count on Balthazar to do a damn thing for me. Breanna recognized my change in attitude in a moment, “What are you thinking?”

Dean never went to a crossroads for you,

but that doesn’t mean you and him weren’t connected.

Interloper’s daemons have a unique ability to travel in dreams.

“I think I have a plan.”

I explained it to her. She gave me a strange look.

“So want me to stay here while you take a nap?”

“I’ll be back in a little bit.”

She kind of roller her eyes, “You make it sound like you’re going somewhere. What am I supposed to do while you’re gone?”

“There is pie in the fridge.” I suggested.

“Fine,” She puffed. “While you’re “busy,” I’m gonna go watch cartoons.” I refrained from laughing at how childish that sounded, but hey, I loved them too.

She stood up and sauntered to the kitchen. Isis, who knew what the word “pie” meant, trailed after her with her tail swishing from side to side.