Issue #23: Night One of Hotel Glamour...a Supernatural TLN Sequel

A week later…..

I patted Isis on the head and she looked at me sympathetically. I wish I could have taken her with me. She stared at me with pitiful amber eyes and I couldn't resist. I pulled her tightly in a hug. After all, I planned on being back in a few days…but then again, you never know what may happen. God I would miss her if I never came back.

My trunk door was slammed shut after the last bag of luggage was in. Breanna had a camera strung across her neck as she grinned and took a picture of herself.

“Picture time!” She cheered and pointed the camera at me.

 I smiled as she took the shot. “You might as well, it’ll only be fun the first 24 hours.”

She raised her eyebrows. “What makes you say that?”

“You’ll see.” It always got out of hand. One of us would take a picture that the other wouldn’t like…then it would begin. Picture wars.

I grinned, I had won the latest picture war.

The drive was over three hours away. So I had to make the most of it. We were on a curved dirt road. The next bend was sharp, Breanna was in the middle of a conversation when I began to sped up.

“What are you doing?” She asked and I grinned evilly as we went around the curve. We felt the center of gravity begin to change as we went around the bend.

Breanna screamed as I laughed.

The tires swerved and I laughed, straightening out the wheel as the tires nearly spun out. I just loved doing that. Breanna gave me an evil look and I laughed at her.

“What?” I shrugged at her accusing gaze, “Just keeping things entertaining.”

“Was that you—or the daemon?” She spat, that was becoming the question of the week if I did something awesome.

“Oh, that was just me…” I gave an evil laugh, “You should have seen the look on your face!!” She pouted and crossed her arms in the seat, reminding me of a stubborn kid.

“Come on…” I pleaded, “You know you liked it….” I grinned and looked at her, wiggling my eyebrows trying to get her to stop being such a pain.

Breanna began to laugh at my expression, “Next time warn me before you do something like that!”

I smiled… “Look there’s a hill!” I hit the gas and Breanna did a combination of screaming and laughter. We went airborne about two feet off the ground. I laughed, I loved dirt roads. They could be used for recreational purposes.

Night One:

Suprisingly enough the room was pretty awesome. It came with its own minifridge and cable. No blood stains, no mirrors, and no funny smell.

Breanna was watching Naruto as I sat on the computer typing. To be honest I was a complete sucker for the show but I was trying to find out about where we were supposed to go tomorrow. We knew the town but not the area.

When we told our parents that we were gonna be gone a couple of days for a book convention they looked at use in surprise. Neither of our parents knew there was such a thing as a book convention. Not even my father, who loved reading as much as I did. He had the complete edition of H.P. Lovecrafts books, plus he loved the majority of Stephen King books, James Pattterson, and other great authors. I spent my share of time borrowing his books and reading them, because just like a lot of people, I enjoyed a good story.

But now here I sat at the computer in irritation. I still wasn’t finding anything on the author! I sighed in frustration, Breanna looked at me from the corner of her eyes.

 “You’re looking up the wrong person,”

 “Huh?”

“Remember how you said how in their world the pen name was Carver Edlund? Well that’s his real name in this world.” She turned back towards the tv and ignored me.

Ok…so I wasn’t perfect at researching. But everyone has their flaws. A few clicks later and I had found it.