Chapter Eleven

Sneaking around and hiding yours and Demi's relationship from the rest of the world is kind of exciting. You wish you could show her off but you understand why you can't.

Your mind is racing with a million thoughts as you get ready for work. Even though you live off your fathers trust fund money he gave you, you still work at a department store a few times a week to show you're dependent on yourself.

You look in the mirror and check how you look before you head to work. You groan at your appearance before walking out of your house. You really hate how you look.

You text your dad like you normally do every morning.

Conversation:

From: Cailyn

hi daddy how's your day going? im about to head to work, tell everyone i love them!

From: Cailyn's Dad

it's ok i have a nasty cough and having a hard time breathing. stupid cold!!!! i love you 2 sweetie, hav fun @ work!!

You roll your eyes as you stow your phone back into your purse. He's such an old person when he texts.

Later at work..

You're dressing mannequins when you hear a voice behind you.

"Excuse me, ma'am? How much is this?" a teenage girl, only a few years younger than you, asked.

"Uhhh, $16.89."

"Thank you.. Hey! Aren't you Demi Lovato's best friend? I've seen pictures of you on Instagram and Tumblr, hanging out with her! Can I have your autograph, please?" she rambled excitedly.

You take her pen from her and sign a piece of paper the girl grabbed from her purse. You can feel yourself blushing as you sign it. You can't believe people actually recognize you as Demi's friend. You watch the girl walk away and run your fingers through your hair, awestruck.

You laugh to yourself and head back to your work. You can't wait to tell Demi about this later.

Demi's POV

"Demi look this way! Demi!"

"Demi is it true you're gay?!"

"Demi who's your new girlfriend?!"

"Maddison how do you feel about your sister being gay??!"

I grab onto Maddison's arm tighter and put my head down, as we walk to my car. The paps won't stop screaming in our ears but I'm used to it.

Once we got into the car, Madison looked at me. "Was the girl you were kissing in the picture really your girlfriend?" she asked meekly.

"No Mads, it was just a stupid dare. I don't know how it got out though."

"Paparazzi will do anything to make you look bad. It's dumb. You know, if you really were gay, I wouldn't judge you."

I smiled and covered her hand with mine for a second. She's such a sweet girl. I'm proud to call her my sister.

I started the car and carefully backed out of the parking lot so I wouldn't run the paps over.

Cailyn's POV

"Hey, check this out Cailyn. Demi Lovato is back with Wilmer! Ugh they are so cute together." Carissa yelled towards you.

You were hanging out at your best friends house since you haven't seem her lately. You walked out of the bathroom and into the kitchen to Carissa who was sitting on top of the counter.

"What are you talking about?"

"Come on dummy, you're her best friend. How did you not know?"

You grab Carissa's laptop and look to where she's pointing. Your stomach drops a little when you read the title.

Wilmer Valderrama confirms that him and 21 year old Demi Lovato are back together. Read more about their romantic reunion!

"They've never confirmed if they were dating or not before, this is so cute! Don't you think that's cute Cailyn?"

You force a laugh and nod. You turn around and start texting Demi, as Carissa takes her laptop back to read more.

Conversation:

From: Cailyn

um wtf why is wilmer saying you're back together

From: Demi

i honestly have no idea

From: Cailyn

are you?

From Demi:

no!! of course not!! i want you, not that fucker. hold on im gonna call him and see what the hell he thinks he's doing

From: Cailyn

ok.

You put your phone down and sigh. Why can't things just be simple for you and Demi?