Chapter Two

You stare at Demi's blank tv screen in her room, deep in thought. She barely said anything the whole ride to her house.

When you got there, she decided to take a shower. You checked Instagram and twitter a few times out of boredom but you couldn't help but wonder what was into Demi. She's normally warm and talkative towards you but tonight, she's just distant.

You hear the water stop and hear her walk towards her room humming to herself. As she walks in the door, you can't help but stare at her in the towel. She's got such a perfect body and she's so beautiful without makeup on.

"Will you hand me my brush over there please?" She asks distantly.

You lean over and grab her brush, handing it to her. You sigh and run your fingers through your hair. "You sure you're okay Double D?" You use the nickname you gave her that she hates to make her laugh. She snorts a little and keeps brushing her hair.

"Im fine Cailyn. Turn on the tv so we can watch"

After you turn on the tv, you sit back and steal a few glances in her direction. You watch her walk over to her closet in her bra and underwear and you feel yourself get butterflies. You shake your head and look back at the tv. You can't have a crush on your straight best friend, you just can't. Plus, it's a little creepy to be watching her get changed..

Later that night..

"That dick!" You look up in surprise and see Demi staring at her phone. You scoot closer to her and ask what's going on.

"Wilmer fucking cheated again. That waitress he was flirting with decided to take pictures of them kissing and send them to me!" Demi throws her phone and starts crying.

Your heart breaks seeing her upset but you feel a little hopeful. You wrap your arms around her and kiss the top of her head. She leans into you and buries her head into your chest.

"He doesn't deserve you D.. He flirted with her so openly and in front of you. You don't deserve that at all.."

"I thought he loved me.. I feel so worthless."

You sigh, not knowing what to say. You hold her and rub her back until she falls asleep.

The next morning..

You wake up with Demi's arms around you. You smile and gently break away from her. She opens her eyes and laughs. "Finally you wake up, I've been pretending to sleep because I didn't want to wake you. You look so peaceful when you're sleeping. she says with her gentle smile. You laugh as you rub your eyes and sit up.

"What's going to happen with Wilmer?"

"Nothing, i dumped his sorry ass. For good this time."

You smile and hug her. She doesn't let go for a few extra seconds and you feel your heart race.

"Well, let's do something today to celebrate you dumping that asshole."

"Sure, but first, we have to stop by the Glee set. I have to drop some things off."

"Okay Double D!" Demi tries to hit you but you duck away, laughing. You get butterflies every time she looks at you or touches you. "What's going on with me?!" you think to yourself.

Later, on the Glee set..

You look around, taking in the atmosphere, then smile at Lea. She's such a sweet person. You've adored her since the start of Glee. Her character, Rachel, always makes you laugh. Her and Naya are showing you around the set while Demi is talking to the producers. You feel nervous around the two girls because they're so talented and beautiful. It's kind of intimidating!

"Hey guys."

You glance up as Demi walks into the room and you smile at her.

"Hey Demi!" Naya walks over to her and hugs her. Demi hugs back and pulls away, telling another one of her dumb but cute jokes. You feel a pang of jealousy as Naya pushes some of Demi's hair out of her face and laughs. You know Naya is engaged to Big Sean but that doesn't stop you from feeling jealous. Demi isn't even yours to feel jealous about but you can't help yourself.

You awkwardly bade Lea goodbye with a hug and start walking towards the door. You're confused why you're leaving, but you don't stop walking. You get halfway through the parking lot when you hear Demi calling your name.

"Cailyn! What's wrong, where are you going?" You squeeze your eyes shut and bite your lip so you don't cry before turning around.

"My stomach hurts, cramps i think. So i just felt like sitting in the car." Demi stares at you with her perfect, big brown eyes. They're so full of concern and it makes your heart hurt. You know you're worrying her and you hate that. But you can't tell her how you feel. That would ruin everything.

"Come on, we'll go back to my house and just hangout the rest of the night. I'll order pizza okay?"

"No, it's fine Demi. Don't let me ruin your day." Demi smiles and grabs your hand. She leads you to the car then gets in.

"Pizza and tv with my best friend it is"

At Demi's house..

You sit and listen to Demi talk, not really hearing what she's saying. All you can focus on is how beautiful she looks. You never noticed how much her eyes sparkled before. They're so big and brown. You know you're falling hard for her but you don't know what to do. Should you tell her?

"Naya just texted me this hilarious joke, wanna hear?" Your stomach drops a little, hearing her name. You mumble "sure" and stare at your hands while she reads the joke out loud. She looks up, realizing you aren't paying attention, and scowls at you.

"Cailyn, seriously what's going on."

"Nothing! Why do you think something's going on?"

"You're acting different.."

"You were acting different the other night with Wilmer and Josh. What was that about?"

Demi looks down and sighs.

You stare at her then move closer to her. "D?.."

"Okay fine. I was upset because I like-" Suddenly, Demi's phone went off. She reaches down and grabs it. She looks at you for a split second then answers it. "What do you want Wilmer?"