Chapter One

This fanfic was from tumblr, I got permission from the author to put it on here. The author requests to stay anonymous as she just wanted to see if people would actually read her story. Enjoy. :)
--------------------
It's the last day of the Neon Lights tour and you've been waiting backstage for Demi to finish. She belts out the last few lines of Give Your a Heart a Break and runs backstage after thanking her fans for coming. "You were amazing out there! I'm so proud of how far you've come." you tell her. You've been touring with her since the very start of the tour. You started off helping with the lights and cameras but since then, you and Demi have become close friends. You push some of your hair out of your face and smile as Demi replied.
"Thank you so much Cailyn! Let me go get out of these clothes and we can celebrate with Wilmer!" She runs off to her dressing room before she can see the look on your face. You can't stand Wilmer, he doesn't seem to understand that he's dating such an amazing person. He's cheated on her before but she forgave him anyway. You sigh and start walking to Demi's dressing room to see if she's ready to leave.

Later..

"I'm so excited for you to meet Wilmer's best friend. You guys are totally going to hit it off. Wouldn't it be so cute if you started dating? We could go on double dates!" Demi excitedly exclaimed.
You sigh and look out the window, not knowing how to reply.
"Cailyn? Are you listening to me?"
"Yes D, I'm listening to you. What does he look like?"
"Well he's about as tall as Wilmer, he has beautiful blue eyes, he.."
You smile at Demi as she keeps gushing about Wilmer's friend. You try to act interested but all you can think about is how beautiful Demi looks tonight. She's wearing skin tight jeans with her favorite jacket. She has such big brown eyes and the cutest chubby cheeks with dimples to go along with it. She looks so good with pink hair, you noticed. You were there when she decided to shave half of her hair and you suppress a laugh thinking about her shocked expression when she saw her hair in the mirror when it was done.

Demi pulls into the parking lot of the restaurant. You try to read what its called but it's a spanish restaurant. You were never too good with spanish. Getting out, you see that Wilmer and his friend are already there, leaning on the back of his car. You take a deep breath and start walking towards them with Demi.
"Hey babe, hey Cailyn. Took you guys long enough. We almost had to go find some other chicas to hangout with" Wilmer says with a wink.
Demi punches him lightly in the arm as he starts laughing. You scowl to yourself as he kisses her. He doesn't deserve her at all.
"Cailyn, this is my amigo Josh. Josh, Cailyn" Wilmer continues on. You look over at Josh and prepare to shoot him a fake smile. But as you get a better look at him, you gasp.

"Cailyn?! I haven't seen you since you were 13!" Josh exclaims. You stare at him in shock, not knowing what to say. This was the boy that broke your big sister's heart without any remorse when she was 15 and you were 13. Your parents and you were forbidden to even speak of him by your sister after the breakup. You can't believe he ended up to be Wilmer's best friend.
"H-hey Josh. How've you been?"
"Ive been good, you've gotten really pretty. I remember when you had braces, your sister always teased you, saying you looked like a dork."
"Well puberty was good to me, i guess" You say icily. He smiles and pulls you in for a bear hug.
Demi clears her throat awkwardly and smiles. "I can't believe you guys know each other," she says with a laugh, "At least we can skip the awkward meeting for the first time part. Let's go inside!" She grabs Wilmer's hand and starts leading the way. You sigh and start walking. You pretend not to notice that Josh is checking you out.

You sit down next to Josh, across from Demi. You smile at her and then you look down at your hands. She's such a beautiful person, inside and out. You can't believe your best friend is the person you would fangirl about with your friends during school. You blush a little at that memory. It was silly to fangirl over a celebrity around your age but you couldn't help it. She's an
amazing and inspiring person.

Wilmer and Josh are talking about a football game that's on tv at the table next to yours. Demi's trying her hardest to look interested but you know she couldn't care less. She catches you watching her and winks.
"Cailyn, come with me to the bathroom? I wanna check my makeup."
Wilmer looks over at her and laughs. "You look fine babe, you just want a reason to stare at yourself"
You roll your eyes and stand up. Josh watches you lean over and grab your purse. You stand up quickly and grab Demi's hand as you start walking to the bathroom. Once you're inside, Demi looks at you. "Well, how do you think it's going? Do you like him?" She watches you carefully.
"Eh, he's alright. I'm not really feeling it."
"Why not? Are you not into guys or something? Because you've turned down every guy Ive set you up with Cailyn."
You sigh and stare at her. You have been finding a lot of girls lately attractive but you always brush the thought aside. It's normal to think another girl is pretty without being attracted to them, right?
"Ohmygod, you are gay, aren't you!"
"Geesh D, can't a girl find the guys you set her up with, not attractive without being accused of being gay?"
Demi looks down at her hands then looks at you. You swear you see a little disappointment in her eyes for a slight second before she talks again. "So you're not gay?" she asks meekly.
"I don't know honestly. But it doesn't matter."
Demi laughs and shrugs her shoulders, looking a little crestfallen. "I suppose you're right."
You wonder what's gotten into her but don't question it. You grab her hand and start walking back to the table.

A little while later, you look at the time on your phone then look around. Wilmer is telling a story causing Josh and Demi to laugh. You haven't heard a word he's saying because you're so deep in your thoughts. "Do I like girls?.." you ask yourself. You think about the times you've thought other girls were cute and every time you think about the possibility of being with a girl, your mind only sees one girl, Demi. You roll your eyes and scoff at yourself. Demi is your best friend and she's straight. It's Demi for Christ's sake!
Josh puts his hand over yours and softly says, "You're thinking pretty hard over there. You okay?"
You jump a little and look at him. He really does have pretty eyes. You move your hand out from under his and brush some hair out of your eyes.
"Yes, sorry. I was just thinking."
"Want to talk about it?"
"It's just girl stuff, nothing to be bothered with."
You look over at Demi and sigh. You know you have a crush on her but you also know it'll never happen. So you decide to just make the best of it and flirt with Josh.
You run your hand over his abs and wink.
"Wow look at you. You definitely aren't a scrawny nerd anymore!"
Josh laughs and grabs your hand. "You know it Cailyn, you aren't that bad yourself." He winks and runs his eyes over your boobs.
"You can look but you can't touch!"
You're laughing with him so much, you hardly see Demi watching you. You glance at her and see her staring at you and Josh. Wilmer is flirting with the waitress but Demi doesn't notice. You look back at Josh but still you wonder why she was staring. Maybe she's jealous that Josh is paying attention to you while Wilmer is paying attention to everything but her.

Wilmer grabs Josh and now they're both talking to the waitress. You take this opportunity to talk to Demi.
"Are you okay?"
"Of course! I feel a little tired though, I think I'm going to leave soon. If you want to stay, you can ride home with them."
You scowl at her and grab her hand. "No we have plans. We're going to have a law and order marathon together remember?"
She laughs and nods. You let go of her hand and sit back. You wonder why she's acting so weird but push the thought aside for now. You'll ask her when you get her alone.