Chapter Six

Cailyn's POV

Shit, Demi's going to be here soon and I'm not even dressed..." you mutter to yourself. Demi decided to come over instead since her living room is being remodeled. You run to your closet and grab your light pink sweater and white short shorts then quickly put them on. You dash to the bathroom and brush your hair. You pause for a minute and stare at yourself in the mirror.

You can't believe someone like Demi likes you. You were the awkward, bullied type in middle school and high school. Since you and Demi are the same age, you grew up watching her on Barney, then on Disney Channel and you grew to idolize her during the time she went to rehab. She was always your celebrity girl crush.

You suddenly hear a knock at your door and you go to open it, your heart racing. You smile from ear to ear when you see it's Demi. She leans in and wraps her arms around you, giving you a tight hug. You kiss her cheek and smile.

"Hey Double D, I missed you." you said with a wink. You shut the door behind you and watch Demi walk into your living room.

"I swear if you don't stop calling me that-" Demi starts before you cut her off by grabbing her waist and pulling her towards you.

"Oh really? What will you do, oh scary one?"

Demi stares at you then pouts. You can't help but smile because she's so cute. You take her hand and pull her to the couch with you.

"What movie are we gonna watch?"

"Hm, I was thinking a scary movie. I haven't had a good scare lately." you say as you put the movie in and turn off the lights. You sit down next to Demi and cuddle up next to her. She smells like strawberries. She always smells different every time you see her, you realize.

You both sit in awkward silence for a few moments, not really knowing what to say. The movies pretty weird so far and you don't know what to think about it. You close your eyes and lean into Demi.

"Are you scared, Cailyn?" Demi asks with a laugh.

You look up at her and snort. "N-no of course not. Why would I be scared?" you stammer.

Truth is, you are a little freaked out by the movie. Demi laughs again and pulls you closer to her.

"Don't worry, I'll protect you from the big bad monsters" she says with a laugh.

A short time later, halfway through the movie, you notice Demi yawning. You have to do something before she thinks you're boring.

You lean back and start tickling her sides under her shirt. Demi squeals with laughter and rolls over on her back, trying to guard her stomach.

"S-stop Cailyn ohmygod how do you know im ticklish there oh-" Demi isn't able to finish her sentence since she's laughing so hard. She pulls you down on top of her and grabs your hands. You push her hands over her head and pin her down, laughing. You look down and see Demi's face is a little pink. You wonder if she's blushing or if she's just hot.

"You doing okay there D?" you say with a wink.

"Oh yeah definitely. You're such an asshole, you're lucky you're cute." she says with a laugh. You feel yourself blush and you lean down closer to her face.

Demi pulls her hands away from yours and grabs your face gently, pulling you closer to her. She kisses you slow at first then faster. Your heart is racing as you run your hands up her sides, under her shirt. She shivers a little but deepens the kiss. You pull away a little so you can kiss her neck. You kiss your way down slowly to her collarbone and suck on her neck. Demi moans a little as you look back up and kiss her. You break away a little and look at her.

A few seconds past and all you do is stare at each other.

She looks so beautiful, even in the dark. You feel yourself blush and you're grateful you turned off the lights before the movie started.

"I like you a lot, Demi.. Like a lot, a lot." you blurt out.

"I like you too, Cailyn. I have since the second i saw you."

You get up, pulling Demi up with you. You wrap the blanket around the both of you and look at her.

"Why didn't you tell me?"

Demi looked down at her lap. "I didn't think you liked girls. Plus, I was too intimidated to tell you. You're gorgeous and you could have any guy you wanted. I was scared." she whispered quietly.

You smile and kiss her. You can't get enough of her lips. After a few minutes, you pull away.

"What do we do? I know you don't want to out yourself to the world.."

"I want you. But i don't want the world to know just yet that I'm dating a girl."

"I'm your girlfriend?" you ask shyly.

"I mean, isn't that what we are?"

"Ofc course, beautiful."

Demi smiles then wraps her arms around your neck. She looks at you for a second then pulls you in for another kiss. You feel the butterflies returning again as you kiss her back slowly.