Chapter 22

I wasn't 100% but I was good enough to get up and walk around. Raven hasn't come to see me at all since she almost killed me. It's been heaven, a full two weeks without Raven bothering me about her needs or Isabelle. I've been out the dark realm a few times, but I've had an escort. I guess Raven still wants me to have help whenever I need it. I've gone to school just to pick up my work, the angels with me would just say they were cousins.

I haven't seen Isabelle since I got hurt. I know that she is worried sick about me, but I've got some plans to make. Once again I'm still hurt, but I have enough strength to get away to the Oasis. At the end of the day I'm still the best assassin in the entire realm, and in my own right an expert escape artist. I'm going to get away from this place. And I'm getting away tonight, when I'm alone in my room. I'll pack what I need and get the fuck out of the hell hole.

Like my usual night for the past few weeks I sit on the highest tree branch watching the moon make her way to center stage in the night sky. The cold air whips through my hair as I look at the sky.

"Soleil." One of my escorts calls me, "It's time to go back." I sigh then look up at the moon.

"Of course it is." I jump off the tree branch and down to the ground below. Without a word to the angels watching me I go through the gates and fly to my balcony. When I turn on the light there is a bouquet of black roses on my dresser. I walk closer and see a note next to the black vase. I open the note and read it.

"I've come to terms with myself. Please come to my room and let's talk. -Raven" Come to terms with herself my ass. I don't think Raven's changed in two weeks. I don't want to do it, but I might as well go. If I don't she'll come down here, and she might catch me trying to leave. With an annoyed groan I make my way down to her room. When I push the doors open it is dark. The only light that is on is the bathroom light.

"Come in here with me Soleil." Raven's evil voice calls me from behind the door. I compose myself and walk up to the door. When I open it the bathroom is lit with black flame candles. Raven is sitting on the counter in her black silk robe... of course this would have to do with sex.

"If this has to do anything with sex I'm going back to my room." I go to turn around for the door and in a great gust of wind it closes. I turn back around to see Raven's wings going back into her body.

"If I want sex, then I'll tell you that I want it. I just want to talk and... get on the right note. Come take a bath with me." I cross my arms over my chest and huff,

"Like I said, this has to do with sex so I'm leaving." I make my way to the door, before my hand could touch the golden door nob Raven's arms clasp around my waist. Her grip tightens until all the air in my lungs escapes.

"I'm trying to be nice Soleil. You know I have a very short temper. Take off your clothes, and get in the water." Raven takes in a deep breath then lets me go. I turn back to face her, she just stands there staring me down. Her green eyes peer down at me waiting for my next move. Slowly my hands pull off all the clothing clinging to my body. Raven smiles then she takes off her robe. Her bare body lays right in front of my eyes. Without hesitation I look away. Raven then takes my hands and leads me to the big tub. She steps in first and I follow her.

Raven takes one side of the tub and I take the other. The warm water should have relaxed me, but it only made me more on edge. The fact that Raven and I were in the same tub with only a few feet separating us makes me very anxious. Raven stares at me then she lowly sighs.

"Please come over here. I have something I want to tell you." I pull my knees into my chest and shake my head no.

"You can talk to me fine just like this." Raven's eyes gleam with annoyance. She sighs again then just comes over to where I am. I couldn't escape fast enough. She sits next to me and once again wraps her arms around my waist. She then positions me with me back to her chest, between her legs. She sighs into my hair then makes me look at her.