Chapter 20

Isabelle

"Isabelle." A faint voice calls my name through the darkness. My body tries to move but it is as if I am made of total stone.

"Isabelle." The voice calls again. As I keep listening to this voice it becomes clear who it belongs to. It belongs to the one woman who has been an enigma in my life. That sweet, calm, perfect voice belongs to my mom. Once realization sets in my eyes shoot open. Everything would have been fine if I was in my room. I'm still in my pajamas, but I'm not in my room which concerns me. Instead of being in my room with Angelina and Dove, I am next to the waterfall from that place Soleil takes me to. Slowly I sit up and have a look around.

My eyes make contact with another. A woman sits on a nearby rock, she is draped in a white dress and has no shoes on. Her hair is white as snow, and her eyes sparkle. She smiles at me and extends her hand.

"Am I dreaming?" Mom smiles wider, her eyes become super soft.

"Yes my dear, you are dreaming. This for now is the only safe way you and I can talk. Come to me." Without slightest hesitation I get up and come over to her. I kneel before my mom, so many emotions are running through me. Here she is right in front of me, dream or not she's here. She could see that I was on the brink of tears and she pulls me into her arms.

"Don't cry my sweetheart. I'm so sorry that I make you feel this way. I would have come to see you, but my sister would have found you."

"Your sister? Who's your sister?" Mom sighs and takes my face gently in her palms.

"The woman who takes advantage of your girlfriend." My eyes widen with shock. Raven is my mother's sister?!

"Does Soleil know that you two are related?"

"No, and she musn't know until the time is right. Raven will tell her. It is apart of the prophesy." I nod my head then come sit next to my mom.

"Mom?" Mom takes my hands in hers.

"Why did you leave?" Mom's eyes grow sad. She pulls me into her chest again. With a very deep sigh of sadness she starts to explain.

"I was becoming less and less concerned with my duties as queen. I was becoming human, for an angel like me that's bad."

"You are the queen?"

"Yes, that would make you the Princess of Light Angels. When I step down you will become the the true good in the world of mortal. That's what lead me to your father." I look up at my mom and she kisses my head.

"Through all the dark and corrupt mortals in the world he was the only one I saw who showed kindness, compassion, and helped his fellow mortal. . . I fell in love with him. So I went down to Earth and made myself known to him. He fell for me, we married, then we had you. That's when I realized that I put him and you in grave danger."

"How?" Mom rubs my back gently. I sigh contently in her embrace waiting for her to continue.

"There's a prophesy about me and your father. It told me  that I would fall for a mortal and have his child. When the child is born Raven would feel it. And Raven knowing that this child would e her destruction wanted to kill you. To keep you safe I had to leave, it was the only way to keep you safe. Your father's human smell hid you from my sister all these years, but she found you and she made the mistake of sending Soleil after you." I listened to mom talk about the entire story. It was full of suspense, love, and sadness.

Mom misses dad a lot. I could feel and smell the sadness and pain coming from her when she would talk about dad and I. She wants to be with us all these years, but she couldn't because of her evil sister Raven.