Chapter 13

I have plotted my meeting with my mother for a few weeks. And with each week Isabelle's angel light is growing stronger. She is already starting to see with an angel's eyes. With every week my beatings get worse. I'm surprised I can walk at all. Raven whipped me in her room 40 lashes all together. After she was done she cleaned the open wounds then proceeded to ravage me. Another time she actually dislocated my left shoulder. It hurt so bad popping it back in place. No matter how I tried to hide these injuries from Isabelle, but it was to no avail.  Isabelle has demanded that I stay with her but I can't do that without being beaten again. I'm not in the mood for beatings like Raven gives me. I have to get away, and the only place I'm safe from Raven is in the light realm. I have to be let in.

Now the thing is I have to meet with Queen Eve. That's going to be very difficult. Keeping in mind I almost killed her before, so she will probably think I'm trying to bait her. It truly would be the icing on my cake to kill Eve, but I've made a vow to Iz not to kill anymore light angels. Now me being me I'm not the one to keep a promise of secret, but its my Izzy. The only neutral place we can meet is the Oasis. All I have to do is send the message to her, and I think I know the perfect messengers. I checked on Isabelle  before I left her place. She is safe and sound for the time being. And right on time Dove and Angelina come to check on her.

"She's safe ladies. I've put a protective aura around her. She will be fine." Dove glares at me then walks forward.

"What do you want now?" She spits at me. She still doesn't trust me. Damn what do I have to do to get her to like me?

"Relax, all I want is a meeting with Eve and an angel named Maya Orton." Dove laughs at me.

"Like we would ever let you meet with our queen. Raven sent you after her too? And what does Maya have to do with it?" I give her a warning glare.

"None of ya goddamn business. I just have some questions, and I need you two to help me... Please." Dove's face never softens, but Angelina was for some reason moved by my plea.

"Alright. I'll set it up."

"Have you lost your mind?!" Dove screams at Angelina.

"She has to Dove... When?"

"Next morning at the Oasis. I'll be spending the night there." Angelina nods and I fly away. Its like Angelina understood. Dove, I can tell we are going to be the best of friends. The cooling night air blows through my wings and hair as I fly through the moonless night. Tonight not even the stars shine. My only company is the falling snow. The snow is a dull dead white. Not one sparkle from the blanket below is present.

The winds are quiet only a soft whisper blows into my ears. The long flight to the Oasis gives me time to think. What will my mother say? Everyone knows who I am and what I have done to those light angels. My... I guess can be called affair with Raven, everyone knew. Would she even accept me? I'm not too worried about Eve. She is stronger than I am, but all of her angels are much weaker than I am. It won't matter anyway, I'm just focused on meeting my mother. I need to know what am I, and why am I what I am now.

****

I landed late in the nights, only had two hours of sleep. I rub my eyes, the hour might be six. I distinctly remember sleeping in my clothes, but I guess the sprits that run the Oasis temples have changed me in my sleep. I do love these Indian styled robes, they are so comfy. I then get out of my room and walk down to the great feast hall.

"Hello Soleil." A warm voice and a violently cold shiver greeted me. Queen Eve sits on the throne in the room. With her are twenty guards already pointing their guns at me. I laugh then look back at the light queen.